addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Gamers Society! Message Board RPG Campaign & Delve Night Discussions › Wesley Young's "The Struggle of Nations"

Wesley Young's "The Struggle of Nations"

John G.
user 4700290
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 100
Sunrods are good; so is an Everburning Torch (which I think lasts nigh unto forever?) or the Light spell (and it's a cantrip!)
Wesley D. Y.
user 6127759
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,070
Sorry, didn't mean to be a nag.

Damn good nag. lol

It cleared-up an area that needed to be cleared-up. I made all the rules for this campaign without a playtest beforehand, so I kinda figured changes would have to be made.

You did fine. =)
Joshua R.
LordOfWar
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 49
Meh, "nagging" is good when it clears up the gray areas...

So- on another note- I hate to be "That Guy," but is there a chance I can get a ride from someone this weekend? I am car-less these days (grumble grumble), and I'm pretty sure the wife is working late this weekend, which precludes me borrowing her wheels. sad

I you need to be picked up just give me a call
585-615-2691

just not before 200 pm I am attending Yom Kippur services
Kevin B.
Turlock
Medina, NY
Post #: 127

I you need to be picked up just give me a call
585-615-2691

just not before 200 pm I am attending Yom Kippur services

Josh, I definitely could use a ride in and back, if you're available. I left you a message on your phone, so let me know if we're on or not!

Wes, if he can't pick me up, I won't be able to make it out tonight. We're between paydays and need to make the gas in the tank stretch (until payday) in order to make it to work and home next week.
Kevin B.
Turlock
Medina, NY
Post #: 128
Ok, I just realized that I haven't posted a single quote from The Struggle of Nations campaign. So here goes....

"Did you say, 'Control the butt crack!?" <Scrum having a Beppe/Grant aural interpretation moment.>

"Is shitting your pants a swift action?" <Heard from Teal as the party faced a foe that they had reason to believe was far beyond their capabilities.>

"How's my duck idea looking NOW!?" <Another one from Teal but I think I'll just leave the circumstances that led up to this quote to the mind of the reader.>
Joshua R.
LordOfWar
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 50
hey all

Last week i said i would be able to give rides due to my new job i won't be able to pick anyone up but i can take people home
John G.
user 4700290
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 101
Arg! It sounds as if I will, in fact, be needing a ride again this Saturday (the 5th).

On the bright side, by then I should have my own hard-copy of Ultimate Combat to lug around! And of course some Halloween candy for the masses. wink
Kevin N
user 6519902
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 126
I can give u a lift
John G.
user 4700290
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 102
Yay! (As in, Yay! I can get a ride and "talk shop", and Yay! I now have Ultimate Combat.)

I think it's clever that Pathfinder is talking about "alternate classes" (as in, "these two classes are built so very similar, that No, you cannot multiclass in them!"). Maybe if they had thought of it sooner, they would have taken that route with Sorceror/Wizard... ?
Wesley D. Y.
user 6127759
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,073
It's never actually happened, but the only time I'd even allow a Sorcerer/Wizard multiclass is if the player came up with a really good reason for it. I mean, magic just comes so easily for a Sorcerer - why would the even WANT to get bogged-down with arcane study, spell components, etc?