addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Gamers Society! Message Board General Discussion Forum › Finding the meetup on the UB Campus

Finding the meetup on the UB Campus

Wesley D. Y.
user 6127759
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 18
There is a PDF map in the FILES section that gives the entire Northern Campus in super detail, so nobody should have any problems locating Baldy Hall (It's pointed-out on the map via a large red arrow. Parking in the circled lots is free on Weekends, so no worries there. There is a short walk from the parking lots, up some stairs (handicap-friendly), and you'll have to walk around a couple of buildings to reach the hall.

Baldy Hall is easily spotted via the large sign on the actual building itself, and has several entrances - all of which are fine.

Once inside, stay on the first floor, and look for the red Meetup sign that I will have posted outside the room. We attempt to always stay in the first hallway, but check the other hallway if you don't find us.

Worse-case scenario, if you still get lost, there is a large, open-space room on the first floor, with lots of seating, and vending machines (which provide pop and snacks for a reasonable price). I will wander in there occasionally to make sure nobody has gotten lost - just look for a guy to wander into the room holding the red Meetup sign in his hands. =)

PROS of the location:
- It's free, and open to us all (on the weekends at least).
- Ready availability of drinks & snacks for reasonably-overinflated prices (machines accept only change and $1 bills - nothing else, not even a $5). Drinks range from Orange Juice to sodas, approximately $1.75 or cheaper.
- Once you know how to locate the hall & room, it is easily accessible.
- Dry-erase boards (or chalk-boards) in every room - perfect for drawing maps on, putting the initiative order on, etc.
- There is a Starbucks located nearby (closes at 8pm)

CONS of the location (Not many, but there's always a few):
- The seats are obviously made for students - they all have a small table affixed to them that is not friendly to rolling dice on, and is permanently attached. Not much can be done about this unless you want to bring your own folding chair(s).
- I personally am a little warm, but not uncomfortably so.
- Only available on weekends --- Friday night D&D is out for this location.
- Renting the computers, overheads, and sound equipment for the rooms are $60 PER DAY (definitely prohibitive).
Mark K.
user 7494885
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 260
http://maps.google.co...­

^Click that link for a Google Map to help find us.
Rob
user 9405715
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1
I have a location super close to UB that I could probably get permission to use (Amherst behind Best Buy). I also a spot we can use but it's about 10-15 mins away from Amherst thus farther in North Tonawanda on river road near Recreational Warehouse.
Rob
user 9405715
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 3
I have been parking at Park hall next to the flint loop. It's not marked on the map, but it is free. It's also super close.