CAS-GJ Board meetings are open to anyone interested in archaeology in western Colorado and the adjacent states.
Our 'board' is made up of volunteers who have agreed to take on various tasks to help the chapter run smoothly.
You are invited and encouraged to attend these meetings and find an active role for yourself in the success of our chapter.
Please give a little of your time to help our chapter to continue to be such a rousing success. If you have questions about how you can be involved/help or want to chat about what you have to add, feel welcome to attend a board meeting or contact any of the board members.
• Doug Van Etten - President[masked]
• Geoff Peterson - Vice President & PAAC coordinator[masked]
• Gayle Smith - Secretary[masked]
• Janice Shepherd - Treasurer & BLM-GJ Liaison[masked]
• Ed VanderTook - Director-at-large & CAS Representative
• Lorna Reed - Director-at-large & Librarian
Among items on the October 15th board meeting agenda:
* Preparation for November 12th monthly meeting
* Look at how membership renewal continues to come in
* December holiday meeting/special event? Continue discussion
* Election of officers to be held at November meeting. Nominations?
* CAS-GJ & BLM interactions in GJ, Meeker, Monticello, other field offices
* Chapter 'library' update
* Skills classes: Flint Knapping, Artifact Illustration, Site Mapping, etc
* Visit With Respect brochure & 8.5x11" poster
* CAS Annual Conference followup report
* . . . . and more