Join the CCC SWEET Night Ride...
We will be slowing things down a little to better enjoy the sights & sounds of our local neighborhoods. This ride is classed as a C2+ level ride, that means a few more rest stops and a more refreshing taste, err...I mean, a slightly slower average rolling speed.
ROLLING AT 6:30pm (SHARP!)
Please arrive at least fifteen minutes earlier for last minute prep and call or text if you happen to be running a little late.
Ride Length: 24.5 miles
Ride Terrain: Easy to Moderate Elevation Gain
Ride Elevation Change: Only 989 ft. of elevation gain!
Garmin Compatible Route Link: CLICK HERE
Ride Level: C2+ Level** Click Here For Level Details
This calm and sweet night ride is geared towards riders that enjoy rolling under the moon stars while maintaining a steady but conversational pace the whole way through.
Come one, come all if you think this ride suits you fine!
Both front (white 500+ lumens) and rear (red) biking commuter-specific lights are REQUIRED and please be comfortable riding with traffic and finishing a ride at night. In the dark. Without the sun.
Don't worry, we have a NO DROP policy so you won't be left behind. There will be several regroups as needed along the way. Typically, a ride of this length will take 2.5+ hours to complete including regroups and rest stops dependent upon the fitness level of the riding group.
We also require that you wear a quality bicycle helmet, bring a bike in safe riding condition, carry spare tubes with a method of inflating them, and that you be able handle your bike safely over mixed terrain. Fixies, tandems, hybrids, and/or mountain bikes are welcome. No stress necessary, if you have no idea how to change a flat, we will be happy to assist you!
We occasionally pay a post-ride visit to one of our local merchants to refuel and socialize a bit, so bring cash and/or a debit card if you want to hang out and buy some goodies...
If you have any questions about your ability or preparation to do this ride, please contact me directly through the Meetup messaging system, text, or phone call.
Minimal Riding Requirements:
• Properly fitted and fastened bicycle helmets are MANDATORY!
• Reflective clothing and accessories for night rides.
• An appropriate bike in good and safe working condition
• Each rider should carry an extra tube, patch kit, tire levers, bike tool and a pump and/or CO2kit
• Knowledge of which brake handle is for your rear brake (normally the right) and ability to use it as your primary brake or in conjunction with the front brake; do not apply only your front brake
• Highly visible clothing and bicycling sport specific protective glasses
• Proper hydration carried on the bike (water and/or a sports drink and drink often during the ride)
• Some form of quick energy food
• Ability to maintain speed and balance, brake efficiently, and safely handle your bike
• Each rider should carry some form of identification in case of an emergency (RoadID, a copy of your current address/emergency contacts/special medical needs, etc.)
• Small amount of cash and/or debit card for meals or snacks is optional Our rides emphasize group and individual rider skill development. Bicycle riders, like drivers of motor vehicles, must obey all traffic laws.
In case of inclement weather or other possible ride cancellation conditions, our ride leader or designated representative will be present at the start location at the event start time to give postponement or cancellation details.
DISCLAIMER: By being a member of this group you make it known that you, your personal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin will hold blameless in the case of accident, injury, or damage of any kind the Claremont Cycling Club (“CCC”), its officers, members, and volunteers. You recognize
that bicycling is potentially dangerous, and you represent that you are a competent cyclist with safe equipment. You fully understand the nature of Bicycling Activities and that you are qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activity. You understand that you participate in this bicycling activity at your own risk. You further recognize that safety is your own personal responsibility and you agree to participate in keeping all rides safe. You agree to hold the above organization harmless and indemnify them for all costs, judgments and awards that may be claimed including the cost to defend such claims brought by you or another on your behalf. CCC events are not races, it is incumbent upon the participant(s) to operate their bicycle in a safe manner, obey all traffic laws, and helmets are required. This disclaimer will be valid for any and all of the Claremont Cycling Club events and Community Rides. You also agree that your membership in this group is on an “at will” basis that can be terminated at any time for any reason.