Cafe Inquiry is our monthly casual get-together to meet people and discuss topics of science and humanism.
The topic for this month’s Café Inquiry is current events from an atheist/secular humanist/skeptic perspective.
As we discuss these topics, we will consider whether we think atheists/secular humanists/skeptics have unique or particular perspectives to add to current events.
Some suggested current events to discuss include:
· Ferguson/racist police brutality
· Middle east politics: Syria, Turkey, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Kurds
· Bill Maher/Sam Harris vs. Ben Affleck on Islam and liberalism
· Domestic violence in sports
· Gay marriage
Past Cafe Inquiry topics have included:
• What makes people more or less religious?
• Free speech
• Gun ownership
• Social and political change
• Reason vs. emotion
• Inalienable rights
No outside food or drink allowed. Free and open to the public.
We are also planning to go out for food and/or drinks afterwards. Free and open to the public.
Interested in leading a discussion or have someone to recommend? Please contact us at dc[at]centerforinquiry.net.
The venue is wheelchair accessible. People with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations or who have questions about physical access may email sdavis [at] centerforinquiry [dot] net in advance of the event.