- Stocks vs. Real Estate: which is better?
Let's get together over beers and munchies after market close to discuss the unique merits of stock and real estate investing. Which is better? We'll be inside with the air conditioning on (because they don't allow reservations of the patio) at this great bar in, perhaps, Toronto's coolest building. See you there.
- Paint Battle - watch artists compete live
We're co-sponsoring a big party where artists will compete live to produce the best paintings. Don't miss this fun and excellent social networking opportunity for you. The movers and shakers of Toronto will be there, so I hope to see you there, too. Plus, there'll be free beer, wine and pizza! Please RSVP at https://planswell.com/pastels (OR YOU MIGHT NOT BE ALLOWED IN :) Hope you can make it, Rob
- Warren Buffett is a @#!$%-ING ____________.
Let's talk about the truthiness of Warren Buffett and see where the conversation veers. You will fill in the blank on the statement that Warren Buffett is a @#!$%-ING ____________. Expect a fun night of intelligent conversation about making (and losing) money and about deciding how much we should really trust the advice of financial billionaires with vested interests in getting you to go their way. This is a Firkin good pub, so CU there, eh? Cheers, Rob
- Get $50 for opening bank account with exclusive promo code
• What we'll do Get $50 for opening a bank account with exclusive promo code at Tangerine bank: Open a bank account with Tangerine (free, online, 5 minutes at www.Tangerine.ca) Deposit $100 with a personal cheque Tangerine will give you a $50 bonus if you use this exclusive promotion code below, called an Orange Key. Tangerine bank is much cheaper than other banks. Actually, they charge no fees. *** To receive the $50 bonus, use Orange Key "[masked]S1" • What to bring • Important to know Use special Orange Key "[masked]S1" to get $50
- New Kids on the Blockchain
Classets and InvestTO are proud to present an evening of drinks, gourmet food, spirited networking and learning from an expert panel of speakers about Cryptocurrency and Blockchain. Tuesday, Feb 27th 6pm-9pm at Project Spaces. $15 per person. Order information below. Speakers: Alan Wunsch - CEO of Tokenfunder.com and Co-Founder of Blockchain Canada. Others Greg Foss - Director at 3iQ and Director at Digitaltown Kelghe D'cruz - CEO and Founder at AiBB Inc. Tickets available at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/new-kids-on-the-blockchain-tickets-42204672311 For discounted tickets, please enter promotional code WHOSASAVER when ordering to save 10% (special offer for Classets members). A limited number of Early Bird tickets are also available.
- Taking advantage of technology as an investor or advisor
Learn and discuss the latest and upcoming financial technologies and how investors and advisors can best take advantage of them. The Rebel House is a relaxed pub in the heart of Rosedale. Close to Rosedale subway station on the Yonge line. See you there.