1. Purpose of the group: To learn more about the fundamentals of Bitcoin (e.g., its role as sound money for a stronger economy) and to learn about developments in the space and how that affects Bitcoin. This group is not going to focus on alt coins.
2. Anyone who is interested in Bitcoin --especially from an investing perspective. Novice investors can learn how to invest in Bitcoin and experienced investors can learn about developments in the space.
3. What will we do at meet up? The first 20-30 minutes of the hour gathering will cover fundamentals of Bitcoin and/or important news related to the space. Find out about sources to learn about Bitcoin--how to invest, different wallets, new technology that is emerging to help mass adoption.
ABOUT THE MEET UP
Bitcoin is helping us learn about money, global economics, the modern monetary system and geopolitics. Think recent events such as Argentina & Venezuela and skyrocketing global debt. The "Perfect Storm" is getting more intense. We will see how BTC can serve as a safe haven vs fiat during economic pressures. We also discuss other developments that are supporting the space.
We meet to learn and have fun. Bring your questions & insights!
Below are 4 links we suggest. Given recent Fed interest rate cut, we can chat about video #3 if that's of interest.
1. The Bitcoin Standard: The Decentralized Alternative to Central Banks https://www.amazon.com/dp/1119473861/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_u9dADbAAB2MWP
2. Interview with Max Keiser and Saifedean Ammous, author of the Bitcoin Standard
3. Overview of how our monetary system works. Amazing! Beyond just fractional reserve banking! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0&t=410s
4. Recent on Fed Rate Cut -Fun, enjoyable to hear!
Gillette Ranch is 588 acres. Uplifting and beautiful nature setting. And has easy and free parking.