addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Calgary Outdoor Nuts Message Board › Weekday Hikes/Scrambles/Climbing

Weekday Hikes/Scrambles/Climbing

Glen
user 34242812
Calgary, AB
Post #: 1
I'm seeing if anyone might be interested in some weekday hikes, scrambles or even possibly rock climbing.

I'll be honest, I haven't really done much hiking or scrambling in the past. And my rock climbing experience has been only 4-5 months and strictly indoor at this time(currently at the 5-10a-b mark), though would love to try outdoor at some point. Though I do consider myself reasonably fit, and go to the gym on a fairly regular basis.

So with that in mind I work a week in and a week out schedule. So instead of sitting at home I figured I'd see if anyone would be interested in joining me.

I'm currently thinking of possibly doing something on Monday(June 11) and or Tuesday(June 12) depending on weather and what not. So if you are interested let me know, I don't have anything planned so suggestions are welcome.

P.S.
In case this affects your decision I'm a 27 year old male
Hung D.
user 12146347
Calgary, AB
Post #: 7
Every month I get a flex day to do whatever I want. I was thinking of organizing a weekday rock climb. I climb a bit higher grade than you, but I don't mind A and B. If you want to do some climbs you will have come on Thursday climb or a climb I organize on a Sunday. You will need to learn how to belay a lead climber and maybe lead climb and cleaning a route.

Cheers Hung
Chris M.
user 12606478
Calgary, AB
Post #: 41
I can also do a hike/scramble during the week, once or twice a month. I also do night hikes every week.
Chris M.
user 12606478
Calgary, AB
Post #: 42
Are you on Facebook? We have a group on there that may be easier to contact if you need extra people at the last minute.
Glen
user 34242812
Calgary, AB
Post #: 2
Thanks for the offer Hung, hopefully I will be able to take you up on your offer. Learning to lead climb is on my list of things to learn, but haven't had a chance yet.

I'm not on Facebook, things like this are times where having Facebook could come in handy (but not enough for me to what to rejoin it). A night hike sounds interesting, maybe I'll be able to make it to one at some point.