Location visible to members
When is the best time to volunteer at the Drop-In Centre?
When we can help Calgary's neediest start off right with a full stomach!
Join Calgary Rotaract at the Calgary Drop In-shelter Saturday April 5th to serve hot breakfast
Info from the DI Staff:
THE FOLLOWING WILL BE HELPFUL FOR YOU ON YOUR DI VOLUNTEERING DAY –
• Please park on the South side of the building (right in front) where it is marked ‘Reserved Parking’.. this is for our Volunteers!
• Should these stalls be full, please ask Security to unlock the ‘Parking Compound’ where staff park (East of building), for additional overflow parking. UPON YOUR ARRIVAL:
• Please go to Security and they will direct you up to the 2nd floor ‘Volunteer Office’(in the hygiene area), where you may securely leave your coat and any valuables. • You will then be directed by one of our wonderful staff members: 1. You must SIGN-IN at the 2nd floor Volunteer Office before you start your shift.
2. If you are volunteering in the kitchen, please wear closed toed shoes and appropriate clothing which you are comfortable in; the only other item required … is your SMILE
3. You are welcome to bring cameras to take pictures of your group during their volunteering stay. Please do not take photos or videos of our clients; this is restricted without their expressed and written consent. Thank you for your cooperation.
If you need a ride please email me at least one day in advance so we can figure out transportation if possible.
Typically we go out to breakfast at Cora's afterwards