[Read every word, watch for announcement updates, and check back the latest update Thursday evening before the event]
Mt. Russell, 14088ft/4294m, P1096 ft, SPS, 11.5mi/+6100ft/cls3.1/11h
- Feel free the "Comments" to ask for carpool, later starts, or camp options.
- I may start driving 5:30-7:30pm Friday, PM me if it fits your agenda.
- headlamp, batteries, ski gloves, lip balm.
- (optional) microspikes for some icy sections; helmet; swimming shorts for hot spring bath.
- must have paper map or offline map on phone, GPS tracking strongly recommended.
- able to navigate or keep up the pace, or you will be abandoned.
=== Friday Car Camp: Warren Fork (9000 ft)[masked], [masked]https://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/Tioga-Peak/forecasts/3513
or (if CA-120 still requires permit)
StMarys/Sonora[masked] [masked]: 180mi/3h17-38
=== Saturday 11/7 Warm-up: 6:22am-4:50pm
* Laurel Lake TH[masked], [masked]
Laurel Mountain, 11811+ft/3600+m, P1018ft, 5.1mi*2/+4110ft/9h
* Saturday Backup, if I climb Laurel before the date.
Red Mountain, p392m, 11467ft/3495m, 12mi/+2900ft/8h
* Rock Tub Hot Spring[masked], [masked]: +12mi/38-39
Saturday Car Camp: Whitney Portal (8274 ft)
=== Sunday 11/8 Daylight 7:23-5:49 (6:23-4:49)
* Whitney Portal TH[masked], [masked]
=== My climbing resume: