• 18:15 Welcome & networking
• 18:30 News and Announcements
• 18:35 Workshop starts
• 19:30 Pizza Break
• 19:45 Workshop continues
• 21:00 End of the session
What can you expect from this workshop?
This workshop is about Async IO and we'll cover:
- The basic theory of Async across languages.
- The history of async in Rust.
- The Rust Async ecosystem (the core language and community crates).
- Future planned extensions.
This is a hands-on workshop. We'll introduce some theory, and we'll proceed to exercise it. This pattern will be repeated through all the concepts presented during the event.
You should bring your laptop with a working installation of Rust stable. Some of the examples may require nightly, so its recommended to have the toolchain installed.
Food (Pizza & Fruits) and Drinks (Beer & Juices) will be provided.