Looking for 1-2 partners to bag a peak from Kane's famous book via an alpine rock route. ***DUE TO ACCESS ISSUES WE LIKELY HAVE TO SCRAMBLE UP GAP PEAK FIRST AND THEN TRAVERSE TO MT FABLE AND THEN REVERSE FOR A GUARANTEED LONGER DAY*** and if time permits traverse (walk/scramble) over to Gap Peak for a second Kane's peak. This will be a second attempt for me (see pic to left) as I was turned around on an ACC trip a few years back when we got on the wrong slab that didn't lead to the top.
There is no doubt this will be a long day (1350m ascent for Fable alone). It is a long approach and will require a lot of daylight and little to no snow...thus if it the trip needs to be postponed from late June/early July then I may have to move it back to early September without the Gap Peak add-on.
The rock climbing should be easy with a lot of the slab being more of a roped up difficult scramble. Our greatest challenge will be to identify the correct slab to climb as there are many on the approach. We will need a sunny day as we won't want to be caught up there in marginal weather, nor do we want to retreat before the summit. We will descend the scramble route west ridge and south slopes.
I will assess people's skills via email from the waitlist.
Some Background Info:
Dow Climbing Fable-Gap (http://dowclimbing.com/Fable-GapPeak.html) - good picture of upper slabs
Peak Finder (http://peakfinder.com/showpeakbyid.asp?MtnId=1040)
Bivouac.com route description (http://bivouac.com/TripPg.asp?TripId=5572)
Banff Rock (http://www.banffrock.ca/BVRpdfs/Fable/Fable.pdf)
Locking carabiner + belay device
Climbing or alpine approach shoes
Water (camel bag in a small pack is best)
Contact Alex with questions via email or at[masked]
NOTE: If the weather isn't cooperating then the trip may be cancelled (no point in going all that way to have wet rock that is unclimbable) so have a backup plan B so you don't waste your Saturday!