addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Cannon Falls Freethinkers Message Board › Cannon Falls Freethinkers sponsor of the Roy Zimmerman show - update

Cannon Falls Freethinkers sponsor of the Roy Zimmerman show - update

Ken K.
user 10364436
Group Organizer
Cannon Falls, MN
The Cannon Falls Freethinkers sponsored Roy Zimmerman show is just over 3 weeks away. Here is an update.

Lauri Svedberg has created and donated a fantastic custom oil painting of downtown Cannon Falls to raffle for charity at the show. The Cannon Falls Beacon is doing a story on Lauri. She is a graduate of Cannon Falls, an art teacher of 30 years, an amazing artist, a humanist, and an inspiring person. If you cannot be at the show, find someone that is and have them write both your names on the ticket! Lauri's painting and studio info is here:
http://www.flickr.com...­

We've received a generous $100 donation from Greg Anderson to support advertising the show. We will use this to place our first ad in the Beacon next week. We would love to run a color ad and maybe even an ad in the Northfield paper. If you want to help, let me know. The ad should look something like:
http://farm5.static.f...­

Roy is pushing the show - he emails me, "PZ Meyers (Biology professor and influential blogger at UMN, Morris) might be in attendance." - now THAT would be cool if it happened! PZ Myers was named the 2009 American Humanist Association's "Humanist of the Year".

Humanists of Minnesota and the Minnesota and Twin City Atheist and Freethinking groups are helping promoting the event. They have hundreds of members, so we will have company from the cities and out state!

If you know of anyone who you think would like to come, I will gladly snail-mail them a personal invite with all the details. Let me know. Thank you and I hope to see you on the 2nd!

Roy Zimmerman, Musical Satire on Ig…