This is a group for coffee lovers...and more. It is generally folks that are 55+ in age. We patronize coffee shops and restaurants in the Cape, with an occasional foray into Ft. Myers. Meet-ups are usually every Saturday morning at 10 AM, and we also have some meet-ups during the week. I encourage members to suggest new and favorite venues to visit.
This group was started by Julie Wolfe in 2010 in order to bring people together to have fun and to develop lasting friendships. She has far exceeded her goals, as our members love to get together and laugh, and countless friendships have been made. As of December 2016, we have had over 550 meet-ups.
If you love coffee (or tea), want to make new friends and like trying new places, this is the right group for you. All you need is a POSITIVE attitude and be open to having a good time.
Dues are $5/year. You can pay me directly or you can pay dues through the site using a credit or debit card. Your payment will cover 1 year from the date you joined. You can join for free and try us out, but will need to pay dues to continue to come to events.
- Spouses need to sign up individually and have their own profile.
- You must have a picture of yourself posted on your profile to be accepted into this group.
- This group is open to all, but this not a “dating site”. If that is what you are looking for, you need to look for another group - please don't use as a way to meet other singles.
- This is a social group, not a business networking group. Although talk about our work/jobs come up tangentially, we do not use this group as a way to promote our businesses or products.
- Any inappropriate behavior will result in the member being removed from the group.
- The RSVPs for our meet-ups are on an individual basis, and a waiting list is kept (people often have a change of plans after they RSVP). Couples are welcome, but each needs to sign-up and RSVP individually.
- It is your responsibility to be aware of the RSVPs you have made and it is expected you will attend the meet-up unless you remove your RSVP. If you are on the waiting list, please keep aware of whether you have been bumped up. We want to make sure there are not “no shows” so that everyone has a chance to attend.
- If you show a pattern of not showing up when you have RSVP’d, you will be removed from the group.