is a group of like-minded individuals who meet regularly to discuss and learn about methods of wellness and self-healing.
As of September 15, 2015, individuals who are not invited by a current member will probably not be approved to join this group. The organizer, Anne Jasper, is easy to find but it is up to the person who wants to join to seek me out. I'm not going to call you so don't send me your phone number. I have discovered that I do not have time to meet with every person who asks to join this group. However, I do answer correspondence as I find time. You will be best off reading the information you are reading now BEFORE you ask to join. That way, if you write to me stating the reasons why you think you would like our group, I can invite you to the next meetup.
There is not charge to join THIS group at this time. If I learn of classes available regarding related subjects being taught within a reasonable distance by others, I generally share the information but nobody is ever pressured to join anything, buy anything, or attend any paid classes. Generally, if I pay for a class, I share the information with this group after I have practiced long enough to find it with merit or if it applies to subjects we have already studied.
All discussions will be based on the premise that all real and imagined illnesses/discomforts/"dis-eases" manifest from within and that people can, with effort, heal themselves, make themselves comfortable, etc. Often the effort is surprisingly easy. All non-pharmaceutical driven healing practices tie together somewhere in the ancient past. That fact will become more and more evident as we explore various methods of wellness and self healing.
Below are a few guidelines so that you will know if this group suits your needs or not. If you don't agree or cannot comply with the items listed below, please don't waste your time or ours.
1. People who ask to join this group should live within a 15 mile radius of Cape Carteret, NC. Notoriously, it has not worked well for me to let people who live far away into any of my meetup groups.
2. No more than 10 people will be allowed to participate in any of the class sessions at once. If you are bringing a guest, you must let me know ahead of time.
3. Please don't join thinking you'll be getting free medical care, advice, or treatment. In fact, if you have an illness, please go see a medical doctor.
4. I write my sessions based on books that I own as well as courses I have taken in person and on line. I share my sources in case anyone wants to purchase or look up the information but I never loan out my books. There are almost always handouts at each Tuesday morning session. If anyone finds information that might be helpful to the rest of the group, feel free to share the links and excerpts, write up your conclusions on our group discussion board, print out enough for everyone and bring it to the meetup, or send them out in meetup e-mail.
5. There are questions to be answered concerning your intent, your location, and your reasons for joining. If you doubt the veracity of your own answers, you can decide not to join. If you join then discover this group really isn't for you, go to your own profile at the top of the home page and choose, "leave this group."
6. If you join and you don't show up for for a meetup within 45 days, you lose your place on our roster. As of September 1, 2016, longstanding members who don't participate for 3 consecutive months without a reason given, will also be removed from the group.
7. TOur regular sessions are usually on the last Tuesday morning of each month. We often have Monday Morning meditations. In the past, we have had some successful afternoon special sessions as well. Take note that everything we do is in the daytime. So, please, if you are not going to be available week day mornings, particularly Tuesdays, do not join.
Now that you have read our mission statement and rules, if you still think this group is for you, please join us.