We all do our best to avoid the 'obvious' security mistakes when writing our applications, but when a security professional performs a manual penetration test on those applications they often find security holes the developers didn't know existed.
In this session we'll cover a the OWASP Top 10 security vulnerabilities for web application. There will be demonstrations on how each vulnerability works, how to test for these vulnerabilities, and most important, how to mitigate them.
About Jeremy Hutchinson
Jeremy, is a Senior Developer at Ontuitive and has been developing line of business applications for 15 years primarily in the Microsoft Stack. He has a passion for writing clean, scalable code and sharing what he has learned with others.
Twitter: @hutchcodes (https://twitter.com/hutchcodes)
• Although the event is free, you need to have a ticket to attend the event. This ensures that we have a large enough space and enough food.
• Pizza and sodas generously provided by Base 36.
• Space generously provided by VTEC Training Center.
• Casco Bay .NET Users Group meetings are non-solicitation events.
• Sponsors are given a few minutes to speak about their company and services at the beginning of each event. Attendees are asked to refrain from soliciting business.