What is Global Azure Bootcamp 2016?
Building on the exceptional success of previous years, Global Azure Bootcamp 2016 (#GlobalAzure) is a free one-day training event, taking place on the 16th of April 2016 in several venues worldwide, driven by local Microsoft Azure community enthusiasts and experts. It consists of a day of sessions and labs based on the Microsoft Azure Readiness Kit or custom content. The event has been originally designed by 5 Microsoft Azure MVPs in order to benefit the local community members and teach essential Microsoft Azure skills and know-how. While supported by several sponsors, including Microsoft, the event is completely independent and community-driven.
Agenda (subject to change)
Welcome - HOL - Signup + Working with the Management Portal
App Services - HOL - Deploying a Web App to Azure
Machine Learning - HOL - Deploying a SPA with AD to Azure
IaaS - HOL - Working with Azure IaaS
Data - HOL - Working with DocumentDB or Elastic Scale
About last year's edition
Global Azure Bootcamp 2015 took place in April 2015, and ran at 182 locations in 64 countries on the same day, including countries like Nepal and Mauritius – possibly the largest community event ever. Approx. 543 organizers welcomed over 5,600 attendees. The event also featured a charity lab where attendees deployed virtual machines into Azure to help analyse data for cancer research.
About this year's edition
This year, the attendee charity lab is planned to put that massive computing power to work by once again hosting a globally distributed lab in which attendees of the event will deploy virtual machines in Windows Azure. The specifics of research will be announced on our website at http://global.azurebootcamp.net .
• Although the event is free, you need to have a ticket to attend the event. This ensures that we have a large enough space and enough food.
• Pizza and sodas generously provided by Base 36.
• Space generously provided by VTEC Training Center.
• Casco Bay .NET Users Group meetings are non-solicitation events.
• Sponsors are given a few minutes to speak about their company and services at the beginning of each event. Attendees are asked to refrain from soliciting business.