At this upcoming meetup, we're excited to have Alan Coleman, VP of Engineering at VigLink, presenting on his real-world Apache Cassandra use case.
At This Meetup You Will Learn:
• The VigLink + Cassandra Real-World Use Case
• Using Cassandra's built in multiple-datacenter replication to provide a high-volume, low-latency service
• Schema and process design, to ensure a reliable system at scale
• Approaches with Cassandra for state tracking, large-scale content, and high-volume/low-latency use cases.
About VigLink + Cassandra
VigLink infers context from pages using NLP (Natural Language Processing) techniques, and match commercial content to relevant products from a catalog of ~100M product offers on the web. We also model and estimate earnings to ensure that publishers are matched to the most lucrative offers for them. VigLink Uses Cassandra:
• As a data store for canonicalized content and state tracking
• As a store for high-volume, low-latency, replicated storage of page-relevant offers
Alan Coleman is VP of Engineering at VigLink, and has spent the last 25 years developing various types of software and leading engineering organizations. His last several companies (VigLink, Adchemy, and DemandTec) have all focused on the application of machine learning and statistics to large data sets, in industries ranging from retail price optimization to internet advertising. Other prior companies include Sybase, CrossWorlds, and Convergent Technologies. Alan has a Bachelor's Degree in Cultural Anthropology from Columbia University in New York.