What we're about
Upcoming events (4+)
GOAL: Let's get out walk and explore around Hickory/Catawba County surrounding areas! 🚶♀️Exercise and socializing a winning combination!🌞
🚶♀️FITNESS: Please, be prepared to walk a minimum of 2 miles at a normal walking pace.
TIME: To adjust for the time change we will meet at 5pm going forward.
Previous locations we have walked:
* Around Downtown Hickory on the City Walk and Union Square
* Geitner Park to Hickory City Park
* Glen Hilton Park Hiking along the trails
* Riverbend Park Hike
* A Working Farm - hiking and seeing the animals
* Up and around the LRU campus
* Around the Oakwood district
* Henry Fork River Park
* From Civitan Park to LRU
* Conover City Park
RSVP GUIDELINES: Please be courteous and change your RSVP if you must cancel. That way we are not waiting for a walker unnecessarily. See you out there!
Mask policy: The Craft Beer Cellar requires masks when up and about, but not while seated,drinking and eating.
This social game night with snacks, and drinks will be open to guests and significant others. No experience necessary. Just a willingness to learn and have some good natured fun!
LOCATION: Craft Beer Cellar, downtown
109 Government Avenue, Hickory, NC[masked]https://hickory.craftbeercellar.com/
The Craft Beer Cellar has a nice area to sit with a selection of games and tables.
TIME: Let' start out by making this an every other week event on Wednesday nights from 6:00pm - 8:00pm
GAMES: There are some there or bring your own. We can pick what we want to play each week. Most games have a limit of 4-6 players, so if we have more people we can split up and play different games.
FOOD: Bring your own with utensils and napkins. I plan on bringing snacky foods that can be shared with the players or ordering pizza 🍕
DRINKS: There are a wide selection of drinks to choose from at the Beer cellar or bring your own.
If you cannot attend, please be courteous and cancel your RSVP so we know how many we need to host. If you have a friend who joins with you, please RSVP for them, as well.
♟️ Cheers! See you soon! ♟️
🎄Yay! The holiday season is upon us. Let's have some fun socializing and make some homemade Christmas Ornaments to decorate our houses or give as gifts! 🎅
LOCATION: Craft Beer Cellar, 109 Government Ave SE, Hickory NC 28602
We are in the basement so come down the center stairs near the front to find us
FOOD & BEVERAGE: BYO and some to share if you like. The Beer Cellar is very easy about other drinks in. All outdoor food is OK because they do not serve food. You can also order food to be delivered.
We will be making two types - Indoor ornaments and/or outdoor Christmas Balls to hang in your trees
Materials I will bring:(Amount based on the number of RSVPs)
* Paints, paint pens, some glitter, glue, and brushes (to decorate indoor ornaments)
* Chicken Wire and some clippers to make the outside tree Christmas balls
Materials for you to bring:
Depending on what you decide to make (you can make one or both your choice)
* Indoor Ornaments - bring clear glass ornaments, wooden or other items to paint (Hobby Lobby or Michael's have a good selection)
* Outdoor Christmas Balls - LIGHTS - bring strands of the LED Christmas lights [masked]ct to wrap around the balls) - bring a strand of lights for each ball you wish to make, the colors of your choice, AND a wire coat hanger for each ball
* GLOVES: If you are making the outdoor balls it might be a good idea to bring a pair of gloves for handling the chicken wire - it does tend to have sharp points