What we're about
You are invited for some "fast fun" racing slot cars on two large tracks in our home. We are looking to establish a small group to to gather for some good times racing model cars. We have a large collection and beginners can try a variety of cars. No charge, but we ask that you bring snacks or drinks to share. We will eventually set up classes and a league for those who wish to bring or build their own cars for a club race series. This is a great hobby, or a fun night out. Kids with parents are welcome. Groups of friends or families are also welcome. Space is limited so you must call to RSVP. Fridays are race night, but other nights and weekend days are possible by appointment. If you have a home track or wish to build one, let's get together!
A few things Y’all should know:
· Events are held at a private residence. This is a gated community & only residents are allowed to park on site. There is usually easy parking on 6th street. Please call 760-744-7450 when you arrive so I can open the gate for you.
· Space is limited. Please RSVP on Meetup so we can plan accordingly.
· We have found it adds a lot to the event if everyone brings some food or drink to share.
· You may drink and drive slot cars, so alcoholic beverages are allowed. Please do not share with underage racers and moderate your own consumption.
· Treat all present and our property with respect.
· If you have slot cars, especially vintage ones, bring them. Most types will work on our tracks and we love to help repair or adjust them. If there is interest, we may have special events for vintage cars. Meanwhile, enjoy our slot car “museum” and library.
· We have two very gentle and friendly cats. They are not allowed outside so do not tempt them with an open door. Most people are not allergic to our Cornish Rex cats but if they bother anyone we can lock them upstairs.
• It's all about the fun!