addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Central Florida Raw Food Connection Message Board › RECIPES, RECIPES,and More RAW FOOD RECIPES

RECIPES, RECIPES,and More RAW FOOD RECIPES

Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 295
Brenda Posted Mar 14, 2008 at 5:02 AM
Kissimmee, FL
3rd Post

Brenda's Tapioca
1 cup Cashews
8-10 Dates
1/4 teaspoon Salt
Vanilla Bean
4 Tablespoons Chia seeds
Agave Nectar
Gallberry Honey
Wee Bee Honey

Soak cashews and dates together in a closed container out of the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours. Soak the chia seeds in another container. Put the cashews in the blender with just enough of the soaking liquid to puree them. Add dates, salt, the inside of the vanilla bean (I also ground up the outside in a coffee grinder and added that). Puree using as much of the soaking liquid as needed. Once pureed, add the rest of the soaking liquid. Add chia seeds. If you like it sweeter, add agave nectar and/or honeys to taste. Enjoy!

Thanks Brenda.......You Rawk!
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 301
Melissa Posted May 17, 2008 at 12:33 AM
FuzzyWuzzy

Had to bring this back to the front- I just made it, and WOW!! It is awesome! I like it better than any of the dead sauces I used to cook for hours. Man, I could go on and on. I made a brazil/walnut ricotta and marinated some portobellos. Then made a pile of zucch noodles, put the shrooms & ricotta in the 'pasta' then topped it with the sauce.

Shazzam! What a rawkin' meal

Agreed Melissa, The Best!

I was so glad she posted it and have used it many, many times. I love the sound of your usage too. I think I'll paste/post it in the recipe thread too. It sounds like a Sunday Dinner to me!

Another Goodie is we'll be getting Pam back soon!!! Yippee!!!!!!!

Here is her recipe without the search

Pam Posted Dec 11, 2006

Tomato Sauce

2 C chopped fresh tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1/2 C fresh basil
1/4 C chopped onion
1/2 C raisins
2 tsp dried oregano
2 T olive oil
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp sea salt
1/2 C sun-dried tomatoes, soaked
1/8 C fresh cilantro (optional)
1/8 C fresh parsley (optional)

In a blender (I use food processor), combine the tomato with the garlic, basil, onion, raisins, oregano, olive oil, paprika, and sea salt. Blend well. Add the sun-dried tomatoes to the mixture and blend again, slowly adding water until desired consistency.
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 402
This is Karen M's Pizza recipe she brought to the pot luck dinner in September. I'm sure you'll love it ....we did!!!

I was asked to share the recipe for the pizza I brought to the meetup. I love raw pizza's, esp since I can have extra crusts stored in the freezer and pop one together easily with different ingredients. Could others share their favorite pizza recipes and toppings?

Spinach and Sausage Pizza

crust: 1 cup buckwheat soaked 4 hours, 3/4 cup sundried tomatoes soaked an hour, 1 avocado, 1/2 onion, 1 tsp sea salt and 1 cup ground flaxseed
Put all but flax in food processor and process until smooth. Remove and stir in flaxmeal. Spread on to two teflex sheets and score. Dehydrate three hours, flip and dehydrate overnight until dry.

Cheese Layer- adapted from Matthew Kinney's Everyday Raw, Macadamia Mozzarella
1 cup mac nuts soaked two hours, 1 lemon finely zested, 1/4 cup water, 1 clove garlic, 1/2 cup nutritional yeast, 1/2 tsp sea salt, pinch of cayenne pepper. Blend these ingredients in a food processor or blender until very smooth.

Sausage- 2 medjool dates, pitted, 1 cup walnuts, soaked, 3/4 tsp fennel seeds(you can't leave this out, this is what makes it taste like sausage), pinch of crushed red pepper, pinch of cayenne pepper, 1/4 tsp basil, 1/4 tsp ground oregano, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper. Process these ingredients until mixed, but you want a slightly chunky texture, like sausage.

Wilted Spinach--take several handfuls of baby organic spinach leaves and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt. Massage the spinach gently. You are looking for a cooked texture.

Asssemble- take crust, spread on cheese layer, sprinkle sausage topping over, put spinach over top and sprinkle a tiny bit of sausage over the spinach. Enjoy
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 473

Recipe for Deanna's Ginger Citrus Salad Dressing
Hi All,
As I was leaving tonight's potluck I was asked by several people to post the Ginger Citrus Salad Dressing recipe, which I am happy to share. I found it at the Hi-rawkus.com website. I made a double batch for the amount served at the potluck.

Ginger Citrus Salad Dressing
1/4 cup avocado (I used Haas avocado)
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp. raw agave nectar
1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, first cold pressed
1 level tsp. finely grated ginger
1/4 tsp. Celtic sea salt

Blend all of the ingredients in a mini-prep food processor or blender until creamy.

Enjoy!
Deanna Stevens
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 478
Hey Angela,

Thanks for that 1st post.......you RAWK girl. Please keep it up.....I love the posting and asking thing!

Peace!
A former member
Post #: 10
I made zucchini angel hair pasta with my spiralizer yesterday, what fun! Then I realized I did not have all the ingredients of chef olive's everything sauce. So I made a "Something Sauce". It has a Thai flavor and rocked the pasta which i lightly salted to get the correct limpness of cooked pasta. I like a thick sauce, but found it hard to get it all out of the blender, so I added some water to the remnants and put that thinner sauce into a separate container. So I had a thick 'stay on the spoon' sauce for the pasta, and a thinner one for a seasoning or salad or other uses. You can also double it, but this makes enough thick sauce for 4. All amounts are approximate and can be adjusted to taste. Blend and enjoy!!!

1/2 cup zucchini pieces (the remnants of the 4 spiralized zucchini)
1 cup soaked, dehydrated walnuts
1/8 tsp (t) cayenne
1/2 t green curry paste
1/4 t paprika
1/4 t kosher or sea salt
1 large clove peeled garlic (1 section of the head)
a few celery leaves or cilantro
1 T sesame or olive oil
2 T honey
2 T lime or lemon juice
2 to 3 Tbsp (T) water for desired consistency

Blend and adjust thickness with the liquid of your choice. Should last a few days in the fridge as the salt and citrus juice preserve it.

Elle T.
user 14112721
Orlando, FL
Post #: 1
Sunflower Sour Cream
3/4 cup sunflower seeds, soaked for at least 6 hrs, I do at least 12 hrs
juice of 1 large lemon
1/2-2/3 cup water
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp celtic salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder

Drain sunflower seeds and add with other ingredients to blender. Puree until smooth.

Better Butter
1 cup of pine, macadamia, or cashews (I use a combination of macadamia and cashews) soaked 12 hrs
2 T Udo's oil blend (can get at whole foods in the refrigerated section in the vitamins)
2 T olive oil
2 T fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup distilled water
1/2 cup organic coconut oil
1 tsp celtic sea salt (optional)
pinch of tumeric for color

Drain nuts and place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. If too thick, slowly add more wter until desired consistency is reached. Pour into glass jar, cover, and refrigerate or freeze. Use anwhere butter would normally be used.
OPTIONS: For a more flavorful butter, add minced fresh herbs, and /or garlic, and /or a little raw unfiltered honey.

Ranch Dip/Dressing
1 cup vegenaise (purple label)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 T minced onion
2 tsp lemon juice, fresh
1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
if you want it for dressing add 3 T distilled water
Blend all together.

Elle T.
user 14112721
Orlando, FL
Post #: 2
Almond Butter Balls
1/2 cup almond butter
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup raw honey
1/2 tsp almond extract
Form into balls and roll in additional chopped pecans. Refrigerate.

Broccoli & Pea Salad
1 large bunch of broccoli cut in bite-sized pieces
1 small package of frezen peas, thawed or fresh summer sweet peas
2 stalks of celery, sliced thin
1/4 cup of sliced almonds, dry roasted
1 tsp dried dill (or more)
1/cup to 1 cup of veganaise mayonaise (purple label)
Optional: add cauliflower for a bit of color. Place the vegetables in a large mixing bowl. add the almonds and mix. Add the dill and mayo and mix thoroughly. serve at room temperature or chilled.

Nut and Date Pie Crust
1 cup almonds, soaked and dried
1 1/2 cups medjool dates, pitted
1 cup pecans, soaked and dried
1 cup walnuts, soaked and dried
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp vanilla
Place almonds in processor and process until mixture resembles flour. Add salt and vanilla to the almonds and process well. Place pecans, walnuts and dates in food processor and process just until mixed well. Press mixture into 8x10 glass pie pan. Crust may be made ahead of time and refrigerated or frozen.

Sweet Potato Souffle' with Pecan Topping
4-5 cups sweet potatoes, pelled and shredded
20 medjool dates pitted
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup pecans, chopped
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon or cardamom/coriander)
2 T coconut butter or coconut oil
3 cups water
1 to 1 1/2 T psyllium (depending how thick you like it)
1 tsp sea salt
Place dates, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, coconut butter/or oil and water in bledner and blend until smooth. Add sweet potatoes and blend until very smooth. Add psyllium blending well. Let mixture sit for 5 to 10 minutes to thicken. Blend again until smooth. Place in a souffle' dish and top with chopped pecans. Can be frozen. You can also use the nut and date pie crust with this and make it into a pie.
Dj
user 68043422
Clermont, FL
Post #: 3
For those of you that requested the recipe for the nutmeat loaf here goes... Soak & dry the following 1 cup chopped pecan pieces; 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts. Then 1/2 cup each of finely chopped peppers, tomatoes, & onion; 1/2 cup raw macadamia nut meal ( I substituted flax meal) 1/2 cup of natural catsup. Mix all together in a a large bowl. Add to taste olive oil, turmeric powder, Bragg's Amino Acid, a little purified water to moisten. Mix and place in a loaf pan, shape & serve. smile
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 543
Kandi's Chocolates Recipe

Hello Chef Olive & fellow RAW food enthusiasts! RAW chocolate recipe

Ingredients: • Cold pressed, unrefined, 100% organic extra virgin coconut oil. • RAW CACAO powder organic • RAW honey • Raisins (naturally RAW)
• RAW Nuts (your choice)

Liquefy approx. ¾ cup coconut oil (Boil some water in a pot and place a bowl on top with the oil in it. Turn off heat before placing the bowl with the oil on top of the pot. (melt oil slowly.)

Add approx. 2 heaping tablespoons cacao powder and mix into oil.

Once fully mixed together, add approximately 3 tablespoons raw honey and mix together.

Now, get an ice cube tray. Add 6 to 8 raisins at the bottom of each section.

Add a pinch of (chopped) nuts on top of the raisins.

Fill each section of the ice tray with the oil, cacao, & honey mixture.

Put tray in freezer for 10 min. and whaLa! Enjoy!