addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Central Florida Raw Food Connection Message Board › FEBRUARY'S ROLL " ROLLIN' ROUND RAW "

FEBRUARY'S ROLL " ROLLIN' ROUND RAW "

Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Announcing a new event for Central Florida Raw Food Connection!

What: "ROLLIN' ROUND RAW"

When: Saturday, February 17, 5:00 PM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Event Description:
This seems to be the weekend to roll. Last month we rolled into Present Moment and spent a wonderful evening with Dillon's Jacksonville group and Yvette gave us a generous welcome of 10 percent off. Our pictures were posted by Dillon (a big thank you). This was Great..... My Question? Do we do this again or roll somewhere new? I will open the poll and see if we get enough feedback. I am thinking about visiting Present Moment on a Sunday (Yvette has offered to open for us) when we can Tour the town and then sit, eat and drive back before late. I feel that would be best. What I'm throwing before you for this month is Jupiter's "RAW FOOD UNDERGROUND" or Tampa's "GRASS ROOTS". ...... Let's talk people and decide..... not much time .... no worries with me.... we can pull this off....... WE WILL ROLL SOMEWHERE!!!!

WE CAN ALTER MEETING AND DEPART TIME AND PLACE TO MEET UP!!!!

Learn more here:
http://rawfood.meetup...­
A former member
Post #: 22
Sounds like fun! I'll probably be freezing in New York or Baltimore that weekend, but if I'm in town, here are my plans:

Get up to Gainesville Friday night, and spend the night with some friends. Volunteer at the Retirement Home for Horses Saturday morning:
http://www.millcreekf...­

Head to St Augustine Saturday evening for dinner with Naddina's group at PMC. If there will be people at PMC and touring the city Sunday, I might spend saturday night at the pirate hostel (http://www.piratehaus...­) and be a tourist on Sunday. Everyone's invited all weekend. There's no experience required to work with the horses, and you don't have to shovel manure. It's a great cause and very rewarding.
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 31
WOW STEVE!!!! what a great weekend.... we should have talked....... let's see if everyone can talk and come to some agreement .... I'll add it to the poll.... seems like Pam will be up there camping too... Where do we eat on Sunday? I haven't talked to Yvette about opening then... Come on people POST!!!!!! I'll check the links when I come back from the support meeting tonight.... I'll also put it before any one who comes.... when will you know for sure?

Thanks for talking,
Olive

PS: B-More is my home!!!! Lot's of Peeps up there!!!!!
A former member
Post #: 22
If you end up in St. Aug. let me know ... Sat or Sun .. doesn't matter. I hope this works out!!
Lori
Orlando, FL
Post #: 32
St Augustine Weekend
I like the idea of going to St Augustine early Saturday, spending the day sighsteeing, having dinner at Present Moments, staying at Haus Inn, and leaving on Sunday [maybe after lunch/brunch at Present Moments]. Sounds like a nice trip to plan. Lori
A former member
Post #: 2
Hello Olive,
I will already be in Tamp that Day. The Gasprilla event is going on that weekend. I would love to meet up with you guys for dinner.
Terrie
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 36
Hey Lori,

I had mentioned it would be good but I haven't talked to Yvette about opening on Sunday and doing it this way.... which is good, I would want to have it all. I looked at the Haus and it seems good and afordable and the sunrise would be great but I want lunch before coming back and a double whammy of Present Moment would be great. The other thing is there need to be enough people interested for her to open on a Sunday. When we talked the invitation was open because we had over 20 people come last month from Orlando.
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 43
alright people ...... gotta wind up the thoughts today and put a firm post...... please let me know what you are thinking. i haven't gotten a lot from the polls (2 votes) and no answers on the board....... what are you thinking? i need to know. the 2 votes were for raw food underground and though i want to go, i know many others do also. It would be much more fun in numbers. tampa? back to present moment? like lori said present moment early? no overnight because no food place on sunday.............

SPEAK.........

Olive
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 45
THE UPDATEl:

THIS IS IT!!!!! TOMORROW IS THE DAY!!!!!SORRY TO BE SO LATE TO TELL ALL.....ALL HAS BEEN RESEARCHED. HERE'S THE DEAL.

THE INDY 500 IS UP DILLONS WAY AND I WANT TO AVOID THE TRAFFIC AND NO NEED TO THINK WE COULD STAY OVER.

I WANT MORE PEOPLE FOR THE JUPITER TRIP (RAW FOOD UNDERGROUND)SO WE CAN TEST ALL THE FOOD AND CREATE THE ATMOSPHERE LIKE WE DID LAST MONTH. THERE WERE ONLY 2 VOTES AND BOTH WERE FOR HERE.

WE ARE GOING TO TAMPA!!!!! GRASS ROOTS HERE WE COME!!!! CHECK OUT THE PLACE AND THE MENU.

http://www.thegrassro...­.

BY MAPQUEST IT SHOULD ONLY TAKE A LITTLE OVER A HOUR AND A HALF .......THEY CLOSE AT 9:00PM. THIS SHOULD GIVE US GOOD TIME. WE WILL STILL MEET AT 5PM AT WHOLE FOODS. NO CHANGE IN THAT JUST A SET PLACE NOW FOR THE EATS!!!

I'LL WAIT A WHILE FOR A COUNT AND THEN RENT A VEHICLE ACCORDINGLY!!!

PEACE PEOPLE LET'S ROLL!!!!!

OLIVE

1: Start out going WEST on ALOMA AVE / FL-426 W toward EDINBURGH DR. Continue to follow FL-426 W. 2.1 miles Map

2: Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto W FAIRBANKS AVE / FL-426. <0.1 miles Map

3: Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto ORANGE AVE / FL-527. 1.0 miles Map

4: Turn RIGHT onto BERKSHIRE AVE. 0.2 miles Map

5: Turn LEFT onto CLAY ST. <0.1 miles Map

6: Turn RIGHT onto E PAR ST. 0.1 miles Map

7: Merge onto I-4 W via the ramp on the LEFT. 85.6 miles Map

8: Take the I-275 S exit on the LEFT. 0.3 miles Map

9: Take the JEFFERSON ST exit- EXIT 26- toward DOWNTOWN-EAST. 0.2 miles Map

10: Take the KAY ST ramp toward DOWNTOWN-WEST. 0.1 miles Map

11: Stay STRAIGHT to go onto E KAY ST. <0.1 miles Map

12: Turn RIGHT onto N FLORIDA AVE / US-41 BR N / FL-685 N. 0.7 miles Map

13: End at 2702 N Florida Ave
Tampa, FL 33602-1522, US Map

Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 36 minutes Total Est. Distance: 90.93 miles

RSVP limit:
Only 20 members (including guests) can RSVP 'Yes' or 'Maybe' for this event. There's still room for 14 more.