addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Central Florida Raw Food Connection Message Board › SISTERS UNITE......FAST! BROTHERS INVITED TOO!

SISTERS UNITE......FAST! BROTHERS INVITED TOO!

Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 441
Connecting Again!

I am putting out a request to two of my sisters in raw food and the multitude of others watching to start a much needed (for me) fast. My sisters and friends of Jax Raw and my sister and friend in Merritt Island, the prior with Fast Tuesdays and the later with an upcoming Juice Fast @ A-Live & Healthy Organic Eatery and Juice Bar.

I just finished preparing a feast of a Thanks-Living meal and loved every moment of it. The holiday parties are starting and I am planing to attend them all. I have gorged on all of the parties fixings and meals I have prepared. I've been blessed by not having time to dress myself for the Thanks-Living Dinner to see the fixings on this body and will now begin a series to discipline (Thanks Melissa for pictures of detail angry).You will see the results in the January Challenge. I will be starting on Tuesday bringing back Fast Tuesdays and also bringing back a discipline with food. I will be continuing for the three days with Kim's 3 day juice fast. Let's Cleanse.... Rejuvenate........ Energize.........Let's get ready for the holiday's and joyous times ahead. Those of you near Kim's place in Merritt Island be sure to stop in for fresh fruit and vegetable juices and/or a protein drink for plenty of nutrition to keep you going. Call for prices of vacuum sealed juices (the only way to go when purchasing ahead). Call her ahead to reserve your juices. For those of us doing it right here on the site I'll be posting some juice mixes for our health. Please join me dear friends and beautify. Nothing touched me more than seeing the decipline of Idaliz's mother at the dinner continue her fast and love the food through her daughter. What a message sent to me! WOW!

Peace Peeps!

December 3rd, spread the word! We'll do this together!

Let's use this as the posting board and forum!
A former member
Post #: 26
Too funny, I was just thinking this evening that I need a juice feast/fast too. Too much holiday food. I made a wonderful drink for dinner that I got from Olive at my first Challenge. Grapefruit are coming back into season, so I'll post it in case anyone wants it. I think it's pretty much the same way Olive made the original one. Doesn't sound great, but I'll tell you, it's yummy.

Juice of about three or four grapefruit, fill blender up with organic spinach, a small chunk of ginger and two dates. I think Olive had a tangerine for sweetness instead of dates, so either way. Blend up and skim off the foam.
Cindi T.
Cindi_in_Satsuma
Satsuma, FL
Post #: 18
Thanks. It sounds like a great idea. I've been thinking of juice fasting one day a week anyway, but it nice to have others doing it with you.

I'm not near anywhere, so I'll do my juicing at home. If there are no parameters, I'll just look forward to reading how it is going with all of you. My favorite winter juice is grapefruit with a few tangerines. I could drink quarts of it. The spinach sounds like something I should try though.

My new love since attending the fermenting class is the rejuvelac. That would be considered appropriate too I would think. I will miss the cheese though! That's where the discipline comes in, right? Knowing that that wonderful cheese is there and that it will wait for the weekend for celery dippers! (BY the way, we had some rejuvelac cheese mixed with chopped raisins as a dip for celery sticks at our Thanksgiving dinner down on the beach in the Keys. It was delicious, and the children loved it.)

Thanks. Cindi
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 444
Good to see a few on board with me. Thanks for the posts, it let's me hear you.

*I will be doing a water only flush/fast tomorrow. So for 24 hours this girl will be disciplined with much food in the house.......wow! Pour up a gallon of the best water possible and shoot for it all. I know it's a bit hard with the cooler temperatures but I know you are able to do it......shoot even for a little more if possible. Let me hear the successes!

*Wednesday I will start with the citrus and alternate water during the course of the day. I am doing the spin on Queen Qfua's Heal thyself cleanse given in the challenge booklet. There have been so many people speaking to me of mucus that I felt it appropriate. Those of you wanting to do a little more than the water please feel free to do this one on the first day or the one listed above by Karen for those wanting the fiber (thanks again Karen).

**Sinus Cleanse
Juice of 2 tangerines, 1 large lemon, 1-2 grapefruits, 3 tablespoons of raw organic apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons of flaxseed oil, 6-7 peppermint leaves. I will be following this with warm water and cleansing breathing. I use the tangerines for 2 reasons: 1) they sweeten it up a bit and 2) they unlike oranges are a better decongestant.

Try your best peeps to keep it to just the fluid liquids w/o the fiber. Rest your tract! Cindi the rejuvelac is fine.... alternate it with water. Try to juice the greens for the 3 days.

Day 3 will be coming.......
Cindi T.
Cindi_in_Satsuma
Satsuma, FL
Post #: 19
I too have been mucus-y, but I can't see where anything is different about my diet. Is it just an overactive cleansing reaction that my colon can't handle or is there something I'm eating bringing it on? I have been thinking about this for about 2 weeks, so it is interesting that you would mention it. I was wondering too if the nutritional yeast could bring it on as an uncooked food when that is the only uncooked thing I consume. I've been experimenting with "cheezes" more which means more nutritional yeast if I don't have enough rejuvelac cheeze. For that matter, maybe the increase in nuts contributes since it brings down the amount of greens and veggies.
A former member
Post #: 7
GOOD LUCK!
I can't join you this time but I am with you in spirit.
Connie
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 445
Hey Peep!

Missing you Connie!

Cindi, so much is right. I believe also that the environment and the stress in our lives play a huge part in our digestion. Nuts of course are a culprit and I am a big abuser of them.

My day only came with a fair success but I am claiming a success anyway. I had a grower swear by and as I do he was pulling out the knife while we were talking to cut his beautiful and juicy Star Grapefruit ........I had to taste. The second piece was better and the juice at the end heaven. The time before that was a water morning and until reaching home the same. Well.......... I was on the phone and as always when doing anything I open the refrigerator and wheels start turning. So here are these lonely 2 nurkey treats and my horseradish mustard sitting looking at me and brown flax crackers so I slather the mustard on the crackers and top them with the nurkey and chow down while talking to my girlfriend. She says wow you sound like you're eating something wonderful and I remember......eating........eating ........ I'm fasting! So I finish eating the crackers and take a few spoons of E-3 Live a little later. I finished the night with more water but I am ready to start again today. I think my best bet is to bungee the refrigerator, there's just too much good stuff in there. Talk to you all this evening! Hope you're doing better than your leader!

Peace!
Cindi T.
Cindi_in_Satsuma
Satsuma, FL
Post #: 20
I did not start until today. I drank a quart of grapefruit tangerine juice on my way to work this morning, and I've packed about 3 cups of lemon juice to mix with honey and cayenne to have while I'm working / for lunch etc. Hopefully, I'll be able to make a green drink tonight when I get home. I love juice feasting and the way it makes my head and digestion clear. Bad time to ask, but what is nurkey? and what is a star grapefruit? I've heard of star fruit but not star grapefruit...
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 448
Hello Peeps!

I guess I can't say no..... Kumquats today ..... 3 of them.........GOOD! People know I love their food and they hand it to me and into the mouth it goes. I did drink mounds of water and also had my fresh squeezed juice mix. I added in the vibrant greens to them.

Tomorrow morning I will make a green smoothie and have it as my meals (3). I have not decided what they will be made of. I have organic apples, papaya, spinach, collards and ginger that I am considering. I hope all of you have been consuming a gallon of good water each day.

Cindi, the nurkey is my answer to turkey which was served at the Thanks-Living Dinner. It is a combination of nuts, veggies and seasoning. The Star Grapefruit is a variety of grapefruits dark and rich as a Ruby Red but sweeter and juicer to me. They are the two jewels in the season now......YUMMY!!!

Until Tomorrow,
Peace!
Cindi T.
Cindi_in_Satsuma
Satsuma, FL
Post #: 21
I made it through day 1 with a quart of grapefruit / tangerine and later around 3:00 a quart of "lemonade" made with 1/2 cup lemon juice, 1/2 honey, and some cayenne. The rest of the quart was water, of course. I also had a couple of glasses of water, but I had a long work day (15 hours), and was too tired to drink anything else, no less juice something. This morning I awakened in a very peaceful state of mind, unusual for me. It seems my body is grateful for the break!

I've got my quart of grapefruit juice this morning, and I think my new batch of rejuvelac is ready, so I'll have that later.

Good luck to all!