addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Elizabeth P
user 9798777
Seminole, FL
Post #: 32
Just wanted to put in my 2 cents on a kayak transport option. Out here in California, I don't need to car transport my kayak often so I didn't want to spend a ton of money on a rack system for a car that I will probably replace soon. So I bought a Malone Handirack and recommend it highly. For about $100, you get a temporary, inflatable but solid rack system to transport a kayak, SUP or other stuff (my bro borrowed it get some furniture and again to transport lumber). So for those of you who have priced rack systems and are surprised that they can cost as much as the kayak you purchased, this is a good option. Those who know me and have seen my rack system in Florida understand what I mean. Read the reviews online for yourself and decide. I bought mine from a local kayak shop so I could return it easily if I didn't like it. There are some limitations (using it in the rain or on a car with side curtain airbags). I'm a mechaniklutz and I set this up on my car in about 15 minutes. I bought bow and stern tie-downs, too. (Yes, I can load my kayak without a stepstool here, hooray for sedans!) And when you're done, simply deflate, fold and put away. It saves on fuel efficiency because you remove it for the other 90% of the time when you're driving (and with California's recent $5.50 per gallon spikes, it came in handy!) So if you're an occasional kayaker, or you're thinking about replacing your vehicle soon, this is a thrifty but reliable option. Malone makes good products.

See you SLACKERS in December!
Ronda G
user 62947572
Riverview, FL
Post #: 4
Elizabeth, I totally agree about the Malone Handirack! I just bought mine off amazon for $68 and love it for all the same reasons you mentioned! I was so excited to see such a high rated fix for a sedan! :D
Elizabeth P
user 9798777
Seminole, FL
Post #: 41
Hey Ronda: I just saw your post and am glad you love your Malone HandiRack. I'll be going out west in a few days and can't wait to see if I remember how to use mine, lol! Hope yours still fulfills all your needs. It is such a great option.