Are you tired of learning and playing with Python and R alone? Would you like to get together with a few friends and learn together? I have been starting to learn R and Python for data science and following the typical route of videos and practice projects. I really want to ramp up my learning and exposure to different ways. Here is my proposal:
- Gather a small group of 2-5 and learn together.
- Meet at a coffee shop, library, or some other space that has Wi-Fi.
- Pick a project, data set or problem, then work to solve it with different tools.
- Keep it fluid and informal.
- Meet on a regular basis, say weekly to start, and adjust as needed.
- Aim to keep the meetings 2-4 hours long, but this can be adjusted to the project or group. People can come and go as needed.
- It does not have to be the same people each time, so you only have to commit to going once to check it out.
Are you interested? Show up at the meeting spot, have some coffee, meet new friends and bring a project or question.