We are a group of players looking for new members to join us for Saturday morning (and lately Thursday evening) badminton at Old Street. We play doubles badminton.
We usually play at Finsbury Leisure Centre ( address: 1 Norman St, London EC1V 3PU) between 10am-12 noon (sometimes till 1pm) on Saturdays and usually go for a quick lunch afterwards. We like to play early so that we can still enjoy the weekend with friends and family.
We started a Thursday evening session (8pm - 10pm) at the same venue after requests from regular members.
We are looking for new players whose standard is intermediate (mid) and above to join us (sorry no beginners and improvers or lower intermediate players). We like to play for fun; we have great games but not looking for those who play too serious - so no Lee Chong Wei's and Lin Dan's!
We want to ensure the quality of play while controlling the standard of the club, this means that players who are not quite up to the standard may be asked politely to leave.
We play with quality feathers; cost for two hours is £8, (if we play for three hours the cost will be between £10-£12 depending on number of players participating).
• You will need to bring your own racket, if you need to borrow please message one of the organisers privately.
• You will need correct shoes and clothing
• Please ensure that you stretch and warm up before and after sessions to prevent injury.
• Your are responsible for your own well-being and we and the sports facility representatives will not be responsible for any injury, stolen or damaged property or any other occurrences during our sessions.
BOOKING SYSTEM & CANCELLATIONS
• If you want to attend the games, you must RSVP for yourself and any friend that you may wish to bring that is not a member.
• If you do not RSVP and attend, you will be turned away (as there is a limit to amount of players and we want to avoid overcrowding)
• If you RSVP and DO NOT attend (e.g. Late cancellations / no shows/ friend cannot attend) then you will be fined for the relevant session, unless you remove (or adjust in terms of friends) your RSVP at least 24hrs before the session start time. This will ensure fair access for everyone. The penalty still applies whether or not the spaces vacated were taken by other members. Penalty will be £8.
• If an event is full, members will have the option of adding themselves to the waitlist. When spots open up, members will be automatically RSVPed in the order in which they joined the waitlist. The cancellation policy still applies so please ensure you remove your RSVP if you do not wish to attend a session thus providing others a chance.
• People who abuse the system may have their membership revoked and banned from rejoining.