addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Central NH Permaculture Group Message Board Lending Library › Permaculture Lending Library

Permaculture Lending Library

Amy L.
user 32539212
Concord, NH
Post #: 8
Hi All,

The other day when I was contemplating how to get my hands on a copy of Paradise Lot: Two Plant Geeks, One-Tenth of an Acre, a thought occurred to me - it would be handy to have a Permaculture Lending Library as a resource. Whether this takes the form of an online database where users can search for titles by location, or whether it is a physical library space I am not yet sure, but would love to hear others' thoughts on the subject. Thanks for your input!

~Amy
Candis W.
user 11287922
New London, NH
Post #: 86
Great idea, Amy! Also sharing of information and interesting links in this discussion board.
Jonathan Bates - one of the authors of Paradis Lot will be doing a talk, book signing and plant sale in June in Dover - more on this later ths month.
stefan
user 2839307
Concord, NH
Post #: 9
This is a great way to share resources. It will also have an additional benefit of bringing people together to share ideas. Could be part of an adoption of some of the components of Transition Town movement
stefan
user 2839307
Concord, NH
Post #: 10
This is a great way to share resources. It will also have an additional benefit of bringing people together to share ideas. Could be part of an adoption of some of the components of Transition Town movement
A former member
Post #: 3
I would be interested in participating in a lending library. We could also include digital books or ebooks. I often see free Kindle gardening books and I'd like to be able to let others know about these books quickly since the Free period is often brief. Also some Kindle books allow sharing although each author/publisher sets the sharing guidelines.

Amy L.
user 32539212
Concord, NH
Post #: 9
Thanks for your responses, everyone! I am glad a few others are on board, and hope that there is some tech-savviness among us. I have some ideas about how to organize the information so that it is searchable in a variety of ways, but do not know how to implement this book-and-file-sharing database. Anyone with practical knowledge want to pipe in?
A former member
Post #: 4
We could each post our libraries on a site like www.librarything.com. Then we could form a group and browse through each other's libraries to find books to borrow.
LibraryThing.com
Amy L.
user 32539212
Concord, NH
Post #: 10
Cool, I've never heard of that! Ask and you shall receive. I started trying to create a database the other day, which could be worth it if we got enough people together, but for now this seems good. Eventually it would be awesome to be able to search by town, individual or the title you're looking for. Thanks for your help Pam, glad to get this started!
Amy L.
user 32539212
Concord, NH
Post #: 11
We are now LIVE at www.librarything.com, at the "Central NH Permaculture Lending Library" page. You need to create a username to be invited to the page, so sign up and join in, or let me know if you can't find the page! Hope this works!

Amy
A former member
Post #: 5
Amy, I found your new group on librarything.com by going to >groups>explore by tags>gardening. I couldn't find a way to search by group name which would be easier. But anyhow, I'm in and have started cataloging my library, too.