Learn the basics of rubber mold making and make some gifts at the same time (image below.) See the fine detail that can be remastered on reproductions. This is a short 2 hour introduction to mold making and cold casting with urethane.
Learn the different materials, mixes, benefits, and tips for creating your own molds and plastic reproductions.
What this class introduces you to;
• Materials for making molds
• Preparation of the original model
• Proper mixing and application techniques
• Casting into a rubber mold
---- Be prepared to make your very own mold and cast your very own part. ----
What you will walk away with;
• Greater knowledge of rubber mold making
• A rubber mold
• 2 urethane castings from the mold
What to bring
• Don't wear your nice clothes. These products will make short work of your fine linen.
• We suggest a smock (not a smuck)
• Appropriate shoes (closed toe and ready to toss if you get them dirty)
HOW TO PAY:
• $40 per student.
• Materials, and consumables (gloves, mixing sticks, and cups.)
• There will also be sample materials for sale.
• When you sign up for the Meetup we will send you a digital invoice to the email your provide. Once paid you will be considered enrolled for the class.
-- High Desert Maker Mill --
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please let us know.