What we're about
The Central Oregon Nordic Club enhances the experience of backcountry ski touring, snowshoeing and hiking in Central Oregon by:
- Organizing volunteers to maintain winter trails (diamonds, signs, brushing)
- Organizing outings for ski touring, snowshoeing & hiking
- Providing trail maps at Sno-Parks
- Advocating for protection of the backcountry experience
- Constructing and maintaining shelters
- Stocking shelters with firewood
- Teaching Nordic skiing skills for members
- Organizing annual social events for members
Please visit our homepage for details.
Central Oregon Nordic Club Home Page (https://conordicclub.org/)
Trips are frequently offered to the Meetup community using this website. Meetup members are encouraged to take several trips without becoming members, but are encouraged to pay their dues eventually!
Why pay dues? Club dues and volunteers maintain 5 ski huts: Swampy, Nordeen, Swede, Edison, and AC/DC. We also supply maps at trailheads, clear and brush trails, and install diamonds along trails. In the past 10 years we have worked with the Forest Service to raise money and provide labor to build 2 new ski huts at a cost of $35k each.
Activities available to members only include weekly Sunday local outings and excursions each year to other ski areas including the Methow Valley and Crater Lake.
Please join us for some fun trips and help out with a couple of volunteer activities.
- Skiing may be significantly impacted by changing weather conditions (rain, wind, reduced visibility). Participants must monitor activities for cancellations or changes. If the weather conditions are bad on the day of the scheduled meetup, the meetup may be cancelled. If the event is cancelled due to poor weather, a message will be posted on the morning of the meetup by 7:30 a.m.
- Participants must be ready to start skiing with the group at the Meetup time. If your plans change, please cancel from the Meetup event so the group is not waiting for you.