Location visible to members
Join us for a club party and orienteering!
We'll be orienteering at Robious Landing Park and having fun at a picnic/potluck nearby!
***11:30 course start. 1:00 party start.***
Party details: - Begins about 1:00 after the orienteering course ends. A small fee (TBD) will be charged per person to cover burgers, hotdogs, condiments, toppings, plates, cutlery etc.
- Please also bring a potluck item (salad, side, dessert, etc) to share. Post a comment of what you plan to bring so that others can plan accordingly & we don't end up with only one type of item!
- Bring your own beverages (hard or soft), alternatives to burgers/dogs (veggie, turkey etc.,) if wanted, and chairs.
- Please answer the questions that are part of the RSVP process. This will help us with planning the event.
Orienteering Start: A mass start will be held at 11:30. Arrive with enough time to register & be ready for 11:30.
Location: 13201 Edmonton Drive, Midlothian 23113. Park on the side of Edmonton next to the park.
Map Cost: Maps are $5 each.
- Instruction will be available for beginners beforehand. One session will be held at 11:00 to allow time before the 11:30 start.
- Bring your own compass, or borrow one of ours (on a first-come basis). Be prepared to leave car keys or an ID as a deposit when borrowing.
- Dress appropriately for the weather and for travel both on & off trail.
- Feel free to post comments or contact one of the organizers if you have any questions.
*** Our meets wouldn't be possible without the help of volunteers. Please consider offering some of your time at this or another upcoming meet. ***
Today's format will be a 25-control Score-O with a mass start at 11:30. Find as many controls as you can within the 90-minute time limit, in any order that you feel is the best route. Be sure to have some way to track your time while you're out there. There will be enough control locations that most people won't find them all in the allotted time!
Course Designer/setter: Mark Walmsley