Saturday, March 14, 2020
It's our 7th annual orienteering meet in conjunction with Albright Scout Reservation! Scouts, CVOC members, and the public are welcome.
Bring a friend or head out on your own!
Please note that this event is on property owned by the Boy Scouts of America, and no dogs are allowed on the property unless they are certified service animals.
There will be multiple courses available. See below for details.
* There will be lots of Scouts out there that day, so drive slowly & use caution when driving in and out of the camp. *
STARTS: Scouts: 9:30am - 1:00pm. Everyone else: 11:00pm - 1:00pm. Everyone must finish by 3:00pm
LOCATION: Albright Scout Reservation. 11031 Trents Bridge Road, Chesterfield VA 23838. From the entrance, follow the red & white arrow orienteering signs and park in the parking lot (field) behind the building on the hill. After parking, proceed toward the orienteering banner near the white farm house (not the building on the hill).
COST: Scouts and Adult Scout leaders are free. Otherwise maps are $5. If time permits, a second course can be run for free.
- As always, instruction will be available for beginners or those who would like some help to get started.
- Bring your own orienteering compass, or borrow one of ours (on a first-come basis). Be prepared to leave car keys or an ID as a deposit when borrowing.
- Dress appropriately for the weather and for travel both on and off trail.
- Feel free to post comments or contact one of the organizers if you have any questions.
*** Our meets wouldn't be possible without the help of volunteers. Please consider offering some of your time at one of our meets. ***
+++++ When you RSVP, please answer the question & indicate: (1) how many of each level of map you will need, (2) if you need beginner instruction. This really helps us with planning! +++++
All courses will be traditional orienteering courses which are to be completed in the numerical order indicated on the map. There will be four courses available. This is a great opportunity to do more than one course in a day to increase your skills or progress to the next level.
White A & B (beginner) approximately 1.7k each
Yellow (advanced beginner) approximately 3k
Orange (intermediate) approximately 4k
Advanced - Includes new terrain not previously available. Approximately 7k
COURSE DESIGNER/SETTER: Kevin Kessler