addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Central Ohio Self-Sufficiency and Sustainability Message Board › Any interest in a knitting class?

Any interest in a knitting class?

A former member
Post #: 13
Hey All,

I'm in the process of planning some meetups for the group and would like to know if there would be any interest if I offered a beginner's knitting course. Many of our meetups thus far have focused on gardening and outdoor skills--I'd like to get some home arts in there as well.

The class would most likely take place over several weeks with some "homework" in-between. I'm thinking it would be "my first scarf and hat," "washcloths and potholders," or some other beginner's project. There would be a small cost involved for materials.

If so, let me know which days and/or times would work best for you. I can usually do weekends, and there are a couple weeknight evenings I'm free as well (Mon. and Tues. are best).

If you already know how to knit, would you be interested in starting a regular knitting/crocheting/spinning meetup? This could be a good opportunity to socialize, work on projects, and share/learn new skills. There would be no cost involved in this, since you'd be bringing your own supplies.

Let me know!
A former member
Post #: 27
I think Home Arts are very important. I'd prefer to start up stream of knitting and include making our own yarn. So spinning would be a great start in my opinion.
Tara G.
user 20954301
Heath, OH
Post #: 1
I'm able to teach knitting. I've got over 20 years of experience
A former member
Post #: 14
Mike -- Thanks for your interest! I'd also be interested in learning how to spin. We may have a couple members who do that--I'll have to look into it!

Tara -- Good to know! I was hoping to teach the beginning class myself, but if that doesn't work out or we are looking to offer some more advanced classes, it's really good to know we have other people who are willing to step in. Thanks so much!
Tara G.
user 20954301
Heath, OH
Post #: 2
Feel free and I'd be more than happy to help. If you even want to teach in tandem so we can help to teach more people at once I could see what I can do.

Now . . . . we just need a crochet class . . .
A former member
Post #: 15
Sounds awesome! I agree about crochet--I've crocheted edges around a couple things before but other than that I have no idea how it works. Would love to learn!
A former member
Post #: 5
I would be interested in this.
LeAnn B.
user 6503828
Canal Winchester, OH
Post #: 2
I love to knit! Would be happy to get together, I am not a great teacher, but I do knit continental style as I am a primary crocheter
Abby
user 48142652
Columbus, OH
Yes Yes yes on knitting. It has been on my Bucket List for the last 10 years. But timing will be key for me because I have a little one at home (another entry on my Bucket List!) Evenings or early on the weekends are better.
Odette C.
user 81489152
Marion, OH
I can knit and crochet. I think it would be awesome just to get together and teach what we do know. I would love to learn new knitting stitches.