Loop 101 and Ray Rd, Chandler, AZ
This meetup is only for members that have attended a regular Game Day before.
The Game Day will be hosted at our house. We pretty much just play what everyone feels like broken up into groups. Our list of games is on the about page and at our BoardGame Geek page.
We will order pizza around 4 and have a variety of diet and regular soda. If you would like anything specific please let me know, or feel free to bring it.
I will e-mail out the address to those attending the day before. We typically play until people get tired or need to leave, you are free to leave when you need to. I just ask that you don't start a game, you know you can't finish. We typically start playing by about 1:15-1:30, so if you are running late you may have to wait for a game to end, but you are more than welcome to watch a game.
We have two friendly dogs.
In the spirit of the holidays, we will be starting with a White Elephant Gift Exchange.
Guidelines for the Exchange and how it works:
1. This party's gift theme is board/card/dice games.
2. The gift should be valued around $30.00-$40.00.
3. It should be in new or like new condition.
4. The gift should be wrapped before arriving. Gift bags are OK only if a wrapped item is inside.
5. There will be a bag outside the door to add your gift to as you arrive, in order to keep who brought what hidden.
1. Each guest who wishes to participate must contribute a gift. Everyone sits or stands in roughly a circle around the pile of gifts.
2. Prepare slips of paper equal to the number of gifts with clearly written numbers. Be sure to distinguish 6 from 9, 1 from 7. Each participating guest draws a number and holds onto that slip of paper.
3. On the first turn, the guest with paper slip #1 chooses a gift, opens it, and all admire it.
4. On the second turn, the guest with paper slip #2 gets the choice of "stealing" any unwrapped gift (#1's) or choosing a wrapped one. If #2 steals #1's gift, then #1 must open a wrapped gift.
5. On the third turn, the guest with paper slip #3 gets the choice of "stealing" any unwrapped gift (#1's or #2's) or choosing a wrapped one.
The game continues based on the following:
1. If a gift is stolen from you, you can steal a gift (within limits, described below), or open a wrapped one.
2. The turn proceeds until a wrapped gift is chosen.
3. A gift cannot be immediately stolen back from the guest who just stole it.
4. The fourth "owner" of a gift gets to keep it. The gift is "dead" after it has been stolen three times.
5. "Owners" of "live" gifts must keep them visible and hold them up when requested.
6. The gift exchange ends when the last wrapped gift is opened. Usually, guests are encouraged to perpetuate the gift stealing as long as there are "live" gifts, but no one is obligated to do this.
Have a Happy Holiday season!
Hello, I'm Cory!
Title needed! Title GET!
Rules, Dice, Conflict... I'm In!
I like playing games and hanging out.
Single, just moved to Chandler, and LOVE to play games!!!
I like playing most any game.
I was born at a very young age. I'm allergic to Cilantro. I like darker purples and blues.
I'm in AZ again looking for a good group of gamers relatively close by.