addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Chapel Hill Nonfiction Readers Message Board › Recap and book for next month?

Recap and book for next month?

Matt P
mattpusateri
Group Organizer
Chapel Hill, NC
Hi all,
We wound up being short-handed last night, but nonetheless had a spirited discussion of this month's readings.  As always, there was no shortage of disagreement. I thought "Never Let Go" was a powerful, moving work; one of the best things I read all last year. In turn, AJ called it (loosely paraphrasing here) "a failure both of memoir and of journalism." It was fun.

Anyway, onto next month, where we will read a book rather than a selection of articles.  A discussion about possible selections has already started here.  Chime in if you have suggestions or ideas for a nonfiction book we should consider by Sunday. I will winnow it down to a handful of finalists and offer a democratic method for us to select a book next week.  I'll also announce the September meetup next week so that we have plenty of time for people to get and read next month's book...