Ride length: 10 to 20 miles total (loop configuration)(multiple 2.0 to 3.2 mile laps)
Ride level: easy to moderate (because a few hills on course)
Elevation gain/loss: +135 ft./-135 ft. (per 3.2 mile lap)
Pace: easy (social) pace 11-13 mph
Start time: 6:45 PM
Duration: 1 to 1-1/2 hours
Bikes suitable for this ride: all types
** A headlight and a tail light are required for this ride ***
Huntersville business park is a 50 foot wide, roughly 2 mile long asphalt road in the shape of an oval loop. The road also has a bike lane on both sides. This location is well lit and is popular for evening and night walkers, joggers and cyclist. I've logged many miles at this business park on my road bike back in the day. Good exercise after a long day at work.
• Terrain: Our ride will be on all asphalt.
• Any bike type is welcome on this ride.
• Public restrooms are available in the Alexander building at the business park.
• Please bring plenty of water and snacks if needed.
• Bike helmets are mandatory on all rides; gloves and eye protection are recommended.
• Front & rear lights are required for this ride.
• If chance of thunderstorms, ride will be rescheduled.
We'll meet at the front parking lot of the Alexander Building. We'll start our ride at 6:45 PM.
Depending on your experience, ability and fitness, you can ride as many laps as you want. If necessary, we can divide into smaller groups so cyclists with similar riding ability can ride at a pace they'd like. This will be a no pressure ride, just fun and fitness.
Map of ride route (RideWithGPS) (http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3097452)
Phone or text Maurice at 704-497-0330, if needed (Day of ride ONLY, please)