ARRIVE EARLY - WE DEPART AT 7:30PM
We will ride a loop from Park Road Shopping Center to Wesley Heights and back. At about mile 9 we will stop at Savor Cafe (http://savoronmorehead.com/) in Wesley Heights. We will return to Park Road Shopping Center by 10pm.
Ride length - 15 miles total (loop configuration)
Ride level: moderate due to length and hills
Pace: moderate 9-11 mph
Elevation gain/loss: + 675 ft./- 675 ft.
Start time: 7:30 pm
Duration: 2 to 2-1/2 hours (including one stop)
Terrain: asphalt, concrete, small section of crushed gravel
Traffic: low to moderate
Bikes best suited for this ride: any
Bicycle Benefits (http://www.bicyclebenefits.org/) discounts for this ride:
• 10% off nearly everything at BikeSource (http://www.bikesourcecharlotte.com/), 5% off bicycles.
HIGHLIGHTS: Myers Park, Metropolitan area, 1st and 4th Wards, Irwin Creek Greenway, Frazier Park, Wilmore, South End, Sedgefield Neighborhood Park, and Ashbrook.
WEATHER POLICY: Ride is cancelled if it is raining or the temperature is below 32F at 7:30pm. If the ride is cancelled, I will send out a cancellation message to the e-mail address that you registered with on Meetup - so make sure you check that e-mail account before coming. In addition, if the ride is cancelled I will add a cancellation message in the section below.
• A headlight and tail light are required for this ride. You will need a headlight that is capable of illuminating the area in front of your bike.
• All riders must be willing to stay with the group because we'll be making many turns on our route. If you pass the ride leader, you are on your own navigation.
• Restrooms - available at BikeSource (start of ride), as well as at Savor Cafe.
• Please bring plenty of water and snacks if needed.
• Bring money or a credit card if you want to buy something at the stop.
• Bring a lock for your bike if you want to lock up at the stop.
• Bike helmets are mandatory on all rides; also gloves, bright clothing, eye protection, and a side mirror are highly recommended.
• Please bring with you an appropriate-sized spare tube for your bicycle. I carry tube-changing equipment and an air pump.
Click here for directions to BikeSource (http://goo.gl/maps/bl1mb) at the Park Road Shopping Center.
RideWithGPS (http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3876038) ** Most accurate **
Phone or text Zeke at[masked], if late or not coming. (Day of ride ONLY, please)