Location visible to members
Ride length: 24 miles total (loop configuration)
Ride level: easy to moderate (due to a few hill climbs)
Pace: 11 to 13 mph average
Elevation gain/loss: + 1,428 ft. / - 1,428 ft.
Start time: 8:45 AM
Duration: 2 to 2.5 hours
Traffic: low to moderate
Bikes best suited for this ride: road and hybrid bikes
This enjoyable rolling hills road ride will take us from Reedy Creek Park, through rural sections of North East Charlotte, Harrisburg, Cabarrus County, neighborhoods of Hickory Grove, Bradfield Farms, Lakehaven, Silverwood and passed Charlotte Memorial Gardens.
• All riders must be willing to stay with the group because we'll be making many turns on our route.
• Obey all traffic rules, ride single file when on open road for vehicles to pass.
• This will be a "no drop" social paced ride, no one will be left behind.
• Restrooms available at ride start and mile 18, water/snacks will be available at mile 11 and stopping for coffee at Jamica Joe's (mile 18).
• Please bring plenty of water and spare tire tube; also snacks if needed.
• Bike helmets are mandatory on all rides; also bright clothing, eye protection and gloves are highly recommended.
• If chance of thunderstorms, ride will be rescheduled.
We'll meet in the parking lot and start our ride at 8:45 AM.
Map of ride route (MapMyRide) (http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/300732583)
Map of ride route (RideWithGPS) (http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3457922)
Phone or text Maurice at 704-497-0330, if running late or not attending (Day of ride ONLY, please)