In this workshop, we'll cover the basics of HTML as well as some terms you might hear when working with HTML. No prior knowledge of HTML is necessary, but come prepared with a laptop and a text editor such as Sublime Text (https://www.sublimetext.com/) to work alongside a live coding session.
We will cover:
* Tags for different elements (aka semantics)
* Accessibility (making the web usable for everyone)
* Intro to search engine optimization (SEO)
* The DOM (Document Object Model)
* Hands-on coding exercise
* 6:30 - 7:00PM: Food and networking
* 7:00 - 8:00PM: Talk
* 8:00 - 8:30PM: Networking
About the speakers:
Jocelyn Keung and Katie Nuccio are developers at CapTech. Both are active in bringing Fleurix Conference (https://www.fleurixconf.com/), a women in tech conference, to the community, acting as the lead director and the marketing director respectively.