addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Charlotte User Experience Message Board › Natural User Interfaces and Interactions (NUI), Interactive Information Visu

Natural User Interfaces and Interactions (NUI), Interactive Information Visualization for the Web: Any interest in these topics?

Lynn M.
user 12355934
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 1
I'm interested in post-WIMP off-the-desktop UX, IA, ID etc. I'm wondering if any members of Charlotte UX have similar interests or would like to learn more. Some of my blog posts are devoted to this topic, so if you want to learn more, take a look at a few of these posts:

"Microsoft is Imagining a NUI Future". You can, too!

State of Information Visualization, 2011: InfoVis in HTML5 "how-to" and more (Thanks to Robert Kosara)

W3C Touch Events Specification! Editors Draft 1/29/11 (quick link)

Digital Out of Home (DOOH) is an area that is in need of UX-related professionals, too. One example - Best Buy's in-store marketing effort could use some improvement. (You can read my blog post about it, or better yet, go to Best Buy and see for yourself.)

Close Encounter with "Best Buy On": Example of a multi-channel approach with "in-store digital media" and an on-line magazine

(I'm not trying to promote my blog. The money from the small ad is earmarked for a fund to create small apps for children and teens who have disabilities.)