This group is for people who enjoy or want to learn more about oak-aged spirits such as Bourbons, Scotches, Whiskeys or craft beers. Our members are an eclectic group of unpretentious people who welcome beginners & aficionados alike.
We typically meet on the second Thursday of each month at different bars and restaurants around the Charlotte area. We will let you know about various bourbon related events such as the Beer Bourbon and BBQ festival and various bourbon dinners. We also have a couple of Bottle Shares each Year. What is a bottle share you ask? A bottle share is when the club and friends of the club gather at a members home. Everyone bring a bottle of their favorite whiskey to share and we usually do the food as a pot luck. Bottle shares are our best attended events. We are always looking for someone willing to open their home.
We look forward to sipping with you at our next event!
Charlotte Bourbon Club Rules
1) Drink your whiskey the way you like it. If a member criticizes you for how you drink your whiskey, contact Karl and the person will be given 1 warning. After that they will be booted from the club. The CBC is for new and experienced whiskey drinkers.
2) RSVPs - If you RSVP then no show to 2 or more meetups within 12 months you will be booted from the club. The reason for this is, it isn't fair to server staff at a bar or restaurant when I make a reservation for X number of people, and they don't show. Plus it is very embarrassing for me.
3) All people attending a Charlotte Bourbon Club event and/or meetup must be 21 years of age or older. If you are asked for proof of age, please don't get upset. I am just trying to protect me, the club, the members and the establishment we are meeting at.
4) Bigotry of any type will not be tolerated. All people of any color, race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation etc are welcome in the CBC. Any bigotry of any type is grounds to be removed from the club immediately.
5) The rules governing the CBC are subject to change without notice.