~~~Note there's a $5 entry option for those that want to join us after 8:30pm. See event info below.~~~
It's that time of year again....break out your head-to-toe white attire for this one...casual, dressy, whatever you feel like...as long as it's WHITE! We've got the entire outdoor lounge area reserved for this private party, in addition to shared poolside space. During this event we'll be enjoying a variety of tasty appetizers, generous discounts on wine, beer and cocktails, and DJ Sachamo will be spinning at 8pm to get those booties shaking! Not to mention, we'll be holding our biggest raffle to date (grand prize valued at $850), and offering discounted transportation to/from the event. There are also firepits and space heaters to keep you warm after the sun goes down.
A variety of hosted appetizers will be provided and replenished in waves at 6, 7 and 8pm. We'll have TWO full satellite bars set up on the patio with the following drink specials (only honored at satellite bars) for the entire evening:
- $6 glasses of wine
- $6 domestic/imported beers
- $8 well cocktails
- $9 call cocktails
- $3 sodas and $2 waters
Additional food items may be purchased from the wait staff, including roasted garlic hummus, confit chicken wings, trio of sliders and buttermilk calamari.
RAFFLE>>>> Each person will receive one raffle ticket upon entry. Additional tickets can be purchased for $1 each or 15 tickets for $10. A partial list of prizes includes:
- GRAND PRIZE: 4 course wine pairing dinner for 6 people at The Beachwood ($850 value)
- Free round trip transportation for you and a group of friends to/from a Winos R Us event from Open Road Services ($100 value)
- A variety of wines from Fifty Barrels Winery, California Fruit Wine, Treasure Island Wines, and more...
- Gift certificates from Bacchus Wine Bar & Market, La Costa Wine Company, Villa Capri 2, Woody's Seafood, Steak & Bar, Bamboo Lounge Wine and Sushi Bar, Westy's Antiques and Tavern, Prospect Bar, and T-Deli
- Gourmet cupcakes from Babycakes
- Wine aerator ($40 value)
- Portable wine chiller, cheese board and knives kit
- Gift baskets and more
AFTER PARTY>>>> To be respectful of the hotel guests, everyone will need to head inside by 10pm and the party can continue in the inside lounge/bar area.
EVENT FEE>>>> The event fee covers appetizers, tax and gratuity, rental and set-up fees, raffle prizes and all other costs associated with this event. Staggered pricing has been set up to reward the early-bird winos who allow us to provide an accurate headcount.
- $14 - RSVP by 10pm on Wednesday, August 8th
- $18 - RSVP by 12pm on Saturday, August 18th
- $20 - at the door (if there's room. Sorry...event is full...see option below)
- $5 entry fee after 8:30pm (food and raffle will be over but you will have access to the private space, drink specials and a limited food menu. No need to RSVP...just show up!
PARKING INFO>>>> By validating your ticket at the main bar or at the restaurant's hostess stand, winos will get 3 free hours of self parking in the parking structure adjacent to the entrance, or discounted valet parking for just $4/hour for the first 3 hours, then $7/hour.
OPTIONAL TRANSPORTATION>>>> For those of you who live further away or don't want to deal with parking or driving after having a few, Open Road Services is green friendly, cheaper & roomier than a taxi, and clients can legally drink in their vehicles. They are offering 25% off transportation services from ALL areas of San Diego. Please call [masked] to make your reservation and use the passcode "WINOS".
If necessary, this event will be limited to 125 Winos R Us members and their guests. We hope you can join us for this very special evening. Check out pictures from our white parties in 2011 and 2010 to see how the winos rock the white!
P.S. Check out our Discussion Board for upcoming events and special discounts and opportunities for Winos R Us members.