What is Hacktoberfest?
Hacktoberfest is a month-long celebration of open source software run by DigitalOcean and DEV.
- Hacktoberfest is open to everyone in our global community!
- Four quality pull requests must be submitted to public GitHub repositories.
- You can sign up anytime between October 1 and October 31.
Prerequisite for event: Bring Laptop
1. Introduction (10:00 - 10:30)
A small introduction to what is open source software, and about Hacktoberfest and the Code of Conduct for the event
2. Workshop: Your first PR (10:30 - 11:00)
Workshop on how to find a project, communicate with the maintainer and raise your first PR
3. Hack time / Demo (11:00 - 12:30)
Hands on coding, formation of groups by interest and hacking together.
3 to 5-minute demos can be given by anyone interested in sharing their open source projects
4. Lunch / Networking (12:30 - 1:00)
5. Hack time / Talk (Maintaining your project) (1:00 - 4:00)
Hack time continued, with a small talk on maintaining your OSS projects
6. Retrospection and Snacks (4:00 - 4:30)
We share our experiences and learnings from the event, followed by snacks
Participants are required to follow the Hacktoberfest Code Of Conduct: https://do.co/hacktoberconduct