• Python Extended Window manager Hints using Xlib (20 min)
• Analysis of Algorithms (20 min)
• Networking Tea Break (30 min)
• Experimental Mathematics with Python and Sage (20 min)
• BitBake, the Embedded Linux Build Engine (20 min)
• Lightning Talks (20 min)
• Discussion (20 min)
Python Extended Window manager Hints using Xlib
Speaker: Rengaraj (http://www.meetup.com/Chennaipy/members/153069272/)
This talk will cover some basic of X Window system, which is currently used by most GNU/Linux Distros. Xlib is the library used by X11 server to display windows of various X11 client like browser, terminal, etc. Using Python "ewmh" library we can learn X window system in GNU/Linux.
Analysis of Algorithms
Speaker: Ashok Govindarajan (http://www.meetup.com/Chennaipy/members/197137280/)
The talk will cover the following topics:
• Other ways of computing complexity of algorithms besides Big O
• Comparison of iterative, recursive and tail-recursive algorithms
Experimental Mathematics with Python and Sage
Speaker: Amritanshu Prasad (http://www.meetup.com/Chennaipy/members/182681977/)
According to the Russian Mathematician V I Arnold (see http://tinyurl.com/abgbec ): " Mathematics is a part of physics. Physics is an experimental science, a part of natural science. Mathematics is the part of physics where experiments are cheap." I will talk about some of my mathematical experiments.
BitBake, the Embedded Linux Build Engine
Speaker: Vijay Kumar (http://www.meetup.com/Chennaipy/members/147018982/)
This talk is about how a Python based build engine is revolutionizing the way Embedded Linux systems are built and maintained. We will cover the features of BitBake and also show how to write simple BitBake recipes.