This is group is currently FULL and not accepting new members.
There are many large book clubs in popular Philadelphia neighborhoods, ours is a smaller one located in Chestnut Hill Mt. Airy. We strive to meet once a month, usually on a Sunday from 4 to 6PM. We meet at one of the many local bars and restaurants and casually discuss the latest book and anything else that's on our minds.
We welcome everyone, but are currently keeping membership capped at 50. Therefore new member requests cannot be accepted unless a current member leaves the group. This is a financial decision. MeetUp is less expensive if the count is 50 or less. (we hope that only people who want to read and meet once a month will maintain membership with us, as we are turning down several new requests per week - and working to remove inactive members.)
Here are a few guidelines for our group:
- You must RSVP to attend the social MeetUp
- All RSVPs will close 2 hours prior to the event date and are capped at 20 bookies.
- Please change your RSVP to NO if you have RSVPd and then cannot attend. This allows people on the wait list to attend; please change your RSVP as soon as possible.
- Anyone who does not show for a meetup cannot attend the following meetup.
- Any repeat "no show-ers" will be removed from the group.
(Note: Due to time constraints, the original organizer of this group had to step down. As of May 2016, this MeetUP is co-organized by Deirdre and Lea - with guidance from the original Sarah Du and all our active members!)
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Sunday, January 15, 2017 4:00 PM