addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Chicago Area Barefoot Running Message Board › Participating in Research Study

Participating in Research Study

Jordan A.
user 46697332
Normal, IL
Post #: 1
Hi everyone, I am a new member to your group and I am a current Masters student at Illinois State University. I am currently in the works at developing my thesis project. My idea stands to come to a group of barefoot runners and spend a day taking clinical measurements (range of motion, strength, muscle stiffness, arch height, girth measurements) NOTHING INVASIVE. Once these measure are obtained I will take the same measurements from shod counterparts. These results could help fellow runners, barefoot or shod, in making potential decisions regarding their running style or for training purposes. This research would be new and exciting in the field of running biomechanics. If you would be interested in participating please respond to this message. This data collection would not take place for another few months. I'm mainly trying to gauge interest.
David
delevinson
Highland Park, IL
Post #: 2
I'd participate.
Diego L.
Dloz
Highland Park, IL
Post #: 4
Count me in!