addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Chicago C/C++ Users Group Message Board › stepping down

stepping down

A former member
C/C++ Programmers,

Due to a variety of factors, including some criticism, I'm stepping down from the Organizer position for this group. I'll be happy to support whoever else will volunteer for the position. The Meetup fees are paid through the end of the month. If no one volunteers by then to pay for and organize the group then Meetup will disband the group shortly afterwards.

Olinga
Conrad W.
CWeisert
Chicago, IL
Post #: 38
Members want to thank Olinga for his initiative in launching this long-needed group and for his energy in keeping it going last year. We hope he will continue to participate and to attend our meetings.

Let's make a strong attempt to keep the group from fizzling out. Some of us have already reserved the evening of February 23 for a C++ meeting. Those of us who are willing to help reinvigorate the group and schedule activities for March through June should get together then for a planning session.

I'm happy to host the group at my place. It's not centrally located but it's accessible to public transportation and there's plenty of street parking.
http://www.idinews.co...­
I'll provide refreshments.

Or if someone else volunteers to host, I'll gladly attend.

Rene R.
grafikrobot
Evanston, IL
Post #: 3
I'm up for meeting at your place Conrad.
Nevin ":-)" L.
nliber
Libertyville, IL
Post #: 19
I too want to thank Olinga for all his hard work. Thanks!
nliber
Libertyville, IL
Post #: 20
I should be able to make it on the 23rd. Where is your place Conrad, and at what time?
Conrad W.
CWeisert
Chicago, IL
Post #: 39
Since no one has objected, let's go ahead with the planning meeting.

I prepared this announcement:
http://www.idinews.co...­
and will set out a stack of printed copies at tomorrow evenng's ACM meeting
http://www.chicagoacm...­

If anyone objects or if the announcement contains an error, let me know, preferably by phone (773) 736-9661, early Wednesday.

nliber
Libertyville, IL
Post #: 21
Should I schedule this as a meetup.com meeting?
Conrad W.
CWeisert
Chicago, IL
Post #: 40
Sure. I wasn't sure who had the authority to do that.

So, prospective attendees should EITHER
- RSVP to the meetup, or
- send me an E-mail

I need a count for refreshments.