Hi Cooking Chicks!
Announcing a NEW AMAZING class marrying farm to table and really mastering the art of cooking from scratch! This is great for a beginner to experienced cook with part hands on and demonstrations! Inspired by my trip to Paris last summer, I enjoyed a cooking class I indulged in where we met with the Chef at the farmer's market, picked out our ingredients, headed back to the kitchen to cook, and enjoyed an amazing meal! If some of you don't know, now you do...I have been cooking so much the last 2 years I am now a personal Chef and love to teach the basics of how to cook simple, fantastic dishes! Like many of you, I am completely self taught and have developed a expertise in drumming up great recipes and dishes for private dinner parties to big events!
Why not enjoy a the same amazing experience I had in Paris right here in Chicago!! I'll be your Chef for the day, we'll tour and discover our favorite food vendors pick what looks good and cook! Please note this is a ALL DAY EVENT we'll start at 11:00am and go until 4:00pm.
Here's how this event works:
1. MEET: We'll meet outside of the 1960 Lincoln Park West Residences - you'll see me in a Chef's coat!
2. RSVP LIMIT: Event is limited to 15 Cooking Chicks
3. RECIPES NEEDED: Everyone who signs up is asked to submit a Farmer's Market inspired recipe in the categories of
b. Main Course
c. Side Dish
4. WHAT'S NEXT: After getting all the recipes, I'll go through them and we'll decide on 4 proposed ones in advance we'd like to make! We'll develop our shopping list and be organized and ready to go for our day!
NOTE: *We hope to accommodate all tastes but this event is for cooks who love ALL foods - we cannot accommodate strict food allergies/restrictions for this event at this time!
5. THE DAY: We'll meet before we head out to the Farmer's market (which is across the street from the market). We'll be ready to source our ingredients and this will be planned for and listed out. We'll shop as a group as we enjoy checking out vendors and look for our ingredients! We'll then grab our ingredients and head back to the kitchen of Cooking Chick Giselle who is located by the market. We'll then start our class and make our meal together!
6. WHAT YOU GET: All Cooking Chicks who ATTEND will get a Cooking Chicks reusable Grocery Bag for the market! So no need to bring one...it is yours to keep!
7. EVENT FEE INCLUDES: Reusable grocery bag, class materials, all Farmer's market groceries, serving utensils and supplies. *Any alcohol though needs to be BYOB.
8. AND: This class will be part hands on and part demonstration
Excited to host you all!
The Cooking Chicks
*FOOD ALLERGIES: We all love food and eating so we hope that's why you joined us ! However, please note if you have a food allergy when signing up for this event you agree to take on the full responsibility of knowing what you can and cannot eat. All guests are responsible for inquiring what is in the food & if there are sensitivities prior to sign up and when at the event. The Cooking Chicks assume no responsibility on food allergies or reactions to food allergies. Thank you
*EVENT REFUND POLICY: We are so excited to have you a part of our community! To keep the integrity of our events and those who put many hours of organizer time in to ensure there is enough food and to prep dishes in advance
-100% refund if event reschedules or Cancels
-50% refund if Cancel is by June 1, 2012
-Any cancels or no shows there after will not be refunded
We will notify all RSVP'd attendees of the address 2-3 times before the event. Please note it is the responsibility of the attendee to check their email for event instructions. The organizer is also reachable with any questions! Thank you.
*EVENT FEES: We're growing and want to make sure you have an amazing Cooking Chicks event experience that are well planned and affordable so our fees for events may vary. The Cooking Chicks events create a unique experience for women to bond and network over food! Your event fee goes towards purchase of event supplies and hosting kit, Ingredients, Room Fees (where applicable), MeetUp fees, Paypal fees, Organizer Time, Create accountability to hold your spot for an event and/or in some cases Payment to vendors for their services and event experiences they provide to us. Any Cooking Chick who hosts an event will have the event fee waived as a thank you for hosting and all supplies for that event are provided to the host. Any out of pocket costs are reimbursed (minus any alcohol expense which is BYOB) out of fees collected. Thank you.