addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Chicago Geek Women Message Board › medieval times

medieval times

Closed to new replies

A former member
Post #: 19
Hi ladies,

There is a deal right now at TravelZoo for tickets to Medieval Times:

http://www.travelzoo....­

I haven't been there, but I'm thinking about it. If anyone is interested in going let me know.

Michele
A former member
Post #: 29
For $40 I can get a dinner that doesn't have sand a horse has used in it ;-) Sorry, but the one and only time I went there, sand got in my food and it really grossed me out. I do recommend their pina colada if you go, though.
Lesley
Tisiphone
Lombard, IL
Post #: 1
My opinion is that it is only really fun as a group, and I prefer going to Bristol and the Highland Games / Celtic Fest type stuff more... Food is nothing to write home about, and you'll see better sword fights and horsemanship at the outdoor stuff. All the same, its a 'bucket list' type thing and everybody should go once.
A former member
Post #: 971
Having been to MT too many times to count, due to out of town young relatives, I can say that it's def fun with a rowdy group. But the food and "entertainment" is not worth full price, so if you can get a fun group and check it out with coupons, do so, at least once! If going, bring a plastic fork and spoon or two. wink

My hubs said that he would have to be dragged at swordpoint to attend again biggrin, as the last time that we went, their speaker system broke down and the actors didn't know the lines (yes, it's lipsynced.) I thought it was funny but many others were NOT amused.

Anyway, I second the opinion above that The Bristol Ren Faire is quite fun especially during the costume contest weekends. Make sure to check out The Mud Show!

A former member
Post #: 20
Thanks for the input ladies! I'm going to the renaissance faire with the group, so I'll save my money for that trip!