Note: We are located on the 28th Floor.
Join us at Skadden during ABA Tech Show week for a great program. We will begin at 5:00pm with networking, kick off the talks at about 5:45pm, and close with more time to network.
So that we can add you to the security list, please update your meetup.com profile with your full name, or at least your first name and last name initial.
Talks will include:
• Casey Flaherty (http://www.linkedin.com/in/dcaseyflaherty), former in-house counsel (Kia Motors America) and creator of the Legal Technology Audit (http://www.legaltechaudit.com/) - A Piece in the Metrics Puzzle: How Well do we Utilize Technology to Deliver Value and Quality? (Twitter: @DCaseyFlaherty (https://twitter.com/DCaseyFlaherty))
• Nicole Nehama Auerbach (http://www.valoremlaw.com/bios/nicole-n-auerbach), founding partner, Valorem Law Group (http://www.valoremlaw.com/) - The Day-to-Day Use of Technology to Provide Value in New Legal-Service Delivery Models. (Twitter: @ValoremNic (https://twitter.com/ValoremNic))
• Ron Dolin (http://radicalconcepts.com/about/), Stanford Center on the Legal Profession, legal technology consultant and investor, and legal technology and informatics instructor - The Importance of Measuring Quality. (Twitter: @LegalNoise (https://twitter.com/LegalNoise))
• Peter C. Krupp (https://www.skadden.com/professionals/peter-c-krupp), Skadden (https://www.skadden.com/), Partner, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity Transactions and Corporate Finance.
• Sarah Glassmeyer (http://sarahglassmeyer.com/?page_id=2), Director of Community Development, Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction (http://www.cali.org/) - A Librarian's Perspective - Remember law libraries? They still exist and are far from obsolete, despite what you may read on the Internet. Sarah Glassmeyer will give a librarian's perspective of the legal information ecosystem, explain why you should care and show how it may be holding back some innovations in legal practice. (Twitter: @sglassmeyer (https://twitter.com/sglassmeyer))
• Jeff Carr (http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jeff-carr/a5/967/651), CEO & Principal, One Degree Law LLC, former GC (FMC Technologies) -- NextLaw: Building the High Performance In-House Team Today for Tomorrow. (Twitter: @onedegreelaw (https://twitter.com/onedegreelaw))
We highly encourage the use of Twitter and other social media to share ideas presented during the talks and to interact with others from the legal tech and innovation community before, during, and after the event! Get involved and help us grow the community.
Also, we have been featured in Chicago Lawyer Magazine! Learn more about past meetups in The law enters 'The Matrix' (http://www.chicagolawyermagazine.com/Articles/2015/04/Technology-And-The-Law.aspx).
Appetizers and beverages will be provided, courtesy of the ReInvent Law Laboratory (http://reinventlaw.com/main.html) at Michigan State University College of Law (http://law.msu.edu/), sponsored by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation (http://www.kauffman.org/).