addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Chicago Machine Learning Study Group Message Board › Machine Learning @ Coursera

Machine Learning @ Coursera

Frank T.
user 9713374
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 1
I'm new to Machine Learning and just signed up for the free online Machine Learning class by Andrew Ng @ Coursera. Coursera is an online learning platform built by Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller.

Sign-up closes this week.

If anybody else is taking the class and wants to study, let me know.
Thanks!
A former member
I too am taking this class. What do you think so far? I also used to live in Oak Park. :) Great town.
Ameena L.
user 35530642
Chicago, IL
I have registered on Coursera for Introduction to Logic. This is 3rd week out of 7 week course. I was thinking of taking Machine Learning next. So I am obviously interested in this thread and your comments about the class.

Thanks

Ameena
A former member
Post #: 2
I have registered on Coursera for Introduction to Logic. This is 3rd week out of 7 week course. I was thinking of taking Machine Learning next. So I am obviously interested in this thread and your comments about the class.

Thanks

Ameena

Hi Ameena,
I am finding the course tractable while balancing with work, and feel like I am learning something. I will say this: the course is much less rigorous than CS229, the Machine Learning course Andrew Ng teaches at Stanford. If you are new to machine learning (as I am) I think it is a good introduction that eases you into it. If you are quite familiar with machine learning or have already gone through a significant portion of CS229 you may find the Coursera course too introductory. I hope that helps.
Cheers,
Daniel